Thread: Helpon arrow rest.

WV MOUNTAINEER

Default Helpon arrow rest.

I purchased a Martin Prowler Compound Bow. I suspect it to be an older model because I can't bring it up anywhere on the Martin web sight. I took the existing arrow rest off of the bow to replace it with a newer model rest. My problem begins here. I could not get another rest to fit and now can't seem to get the old one back on. I guess I should have paid more attention when taking the old one off. I have checked the models of rests you have for sale now and none of them match what I have. Can anyone help me?

Post Thanks / Like

Prowler was most recently made in 2004, I believe. You should be able to find info to this affect on Martin's website. Look in the 2004 catalogs and tech info.

As for the rest? You should be able to cross reference this to any Martin bow. They are all alike in that the riser is machined for the Martin lock mount. You don't have to use the lock ount though. Any rest will fit any bow.

So what problem are you having?
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

brushrat

Quote Originally Posted by WV MOUNTAINEER View Post
    I purchased a Martin Prowler Compound Bow. I suspect it to be an older model because I can't bring it up anywhere on the Martin web sight. I took the existing arrow rest off of the bow to replace it with a newer model rest. My problem begins here. I could not get another rest to fit and now can't seem to get the old one back on. I guess I should have paid more attention when taking the old one off. I have checked the models of rests you have for sale now and none of them match what I have. Can anyone help me?
    hmmm...the prowler i had was around 96-98 and it still had the steel cables w/teardrops and recurved limb tips . So even back that far there was never any problem with any rests.... from whisker bisquits to drop aways. It was still the std martin design with the "cut-out" in the riser to utilize their brand rests. I installed the little plastic plate that covered the cutout which then makes a flat surface to attach any rest to. Those cutout filler pieces can still be ordered from martins catalogue as far as i know (the design is still the same today). Also an archery shop mave have one just laying around. As long as you have that filler pc. you can install any rest regardless of brand.
    Last edited by brushrat; 10-31-2009 at 01:08 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Default That filler piece

Anybody have any idea of the name of that filler piece? I'm missing one on one of my 06 Slayers ( the 60 #er ) and don't know what to call it to order. Also they're different thicknesses, had an old Lynx one step from the bone-yard that I took the plastic filler off of, does not fit flush on my Slayer.
    Last edited by elkslayer4x5; 11-02-2009 at 07:49 AM.
    http://eastoutfitter.tripod.com/index.html
    http://www.cascadianbowmen.org/
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, shoot thru, 63lb, Quiktune 3000, HAA OL 5519, Beman ICS Hunter
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, Shoot thru, 55lb, Quiktune 3000, HHA OL 5519 2X, Easton A/C/C
    Ben Pearson 1968 'Cougar' 62" 45#s @ 28" recurve, parallel shaft POC, Zwickey 'Eskimo' 2 blade