Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: martin jaguar recurve arrow rest question

blutic

Default martin jaguar recurve arrow rest question

I Have been using the martin jet rest that came with the bow and was wondering what would be a better rest. Also does rest need to be positioned away from riser do to arrow fletching coming in contact with riser.
    thank you for help

Post Thanks / Like

The rest on a recurve is always placed at the riser because of the archers paradox causing an arrow to flex arround the shelf.
    (2) Hoyt PCEXL

blutic

Im having problems withmy fletchings hitting my rest and the riser seems to be causing arrow not to fly straight do you have any ideas

Post Thanks / Like

Do you shoot them with a correct spine? If your recurve arrows are overspined they will not bend around the shelf.

Another option would a plunger button be.
    (2) Hoyt PCEXL

blutic

Im using 30inch alumin carbon express arrows 2117. My bow has a 50 lb draw i think these are the right spined arrows according to the easton arrow chart at there web sight.

blutic

On the other hand it seems like it may be the plastic vanes that hit the rest and riser should i use real feathers instead

Post Thanks / Like

This will not change anything.

So you are shooting 30" arrows. Point weight? Effective draw length?

I just can recommend the use of a button. This will definately lead to bette results once it has been set up.
    (2) Hoyt PCEXL

blutic

Im sorry i forgot to say point weight is 100grains draw and 50lb draw and 29inch draw length. Also the jaguar bow use a compound bow riser center cut riser does that make difference in how rest should be set.

Post Thanks / Like

In fact there could be a minimal difference. But - although i say it now for the third time - nothing you could not handle with a button. A button will move your arrow out to the left (if you are RH). The spring inside it will control the Archery paradox and Arrow flight. Just look at the 'better' recurve shooters. They have it all. It is one of the first things we recommend any recurve shooter here.
    Last edited by Montalaar; 11-03-2009 at 01:36 PM.
    (2) Hoyt PCEXL

Post Thanks / Like

Simon, what is this magical button? I've seen a lot...really a lot of traditional archery vids on Youtube and never seen a button - is this something used in sports archery?
    2008 Martin MOAB - 45-60#, set at about 51-53# / 55#" Perfect Line" compound/ 55# Mongol horsebow/ 45# "Perfect Line" takedown recurve/ 45# Bearpaw Grizzly hunter recurve/ 55# Samick Longbow Cheetah ... and several homemade bows