Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: martin jaguar recurve arrow rest question

eldermike

2117, way to stiff. You need feathers, vanes will kick on that type rest.

I suggest you try some 1916's (you can cut them to your draw length) with feathers (legacy arrows are a good choice). Adjust the rest out until you are just left of center, you might need more but it's a starting point.

The best way to find a starting point is hold the bow vertical with an arrow nocked and sitting on the rest. Line the riser up inline with a focus point in the distance. The blury arrow should be pointed slightly left of this alignment. Archers paradox will flex the arrow around the rest if the dynamic spine of the arrow is correct. If you shoot an arrow that;s to stiff you will find it very unforgiving of form and release changes. Proper spine and rest alignment will not totally forgive a bad release but it's better and closer to target than a to stiff arrow.

I like the martin springy rest. It's simple and it works.

blutic

I dont mean to be so irritateing i am just real new to shooting a recurve bow have shot some long bows. What is the plunger you would recomend. Also is there any special atachment i need to install one on my bow.

Again Thank you very much for your help

Post Thanks / Like

http://world-of-archery.com/Recurve/Recurve_Button.htm

Just have a look at it. The button will help you to set the bow up. It can move the arrow to the left of the string as it has been described by eldermike. You might consider to get one and set it up.

Plastic vanes are no problem with your arrows. Most people here shoot only plastic vanes on their recurve arrows. If it is set up properly you will have zero contact to the riser.
    (2) Hoyt PCEXL

blutic

Ill try the plunger button ill try anything that might make bow shoot better. Where did eldermike find 1916 arrow because all the easton charts say with my draw weight, length and recurve bow i should use at least a 2215 which is a medium weight and the 2117 im using now is on the heavy side for my setup. which be better size.

Post Thanks / Like

That is a good question. I checked your specs with the easton chart and i think 2020 or 2215 would work also. But every alloy arrow will change its spine with every shot. That is not known in common but unfortunately true.

If you have enough money to spend i could recommend the beiter Button but i think a simple Cartel Button would really help you.

After installing it we can work on setting it up together.
    (2) Hoyt PCEXL

blutic

That sounds good the arrows you said is what i had seen to. Where can I purchase the cartel button. Is it known by another name. Also my bow has a slotted area where you mount the rest and the pressure buttons will i need special adapter for installing it.

blutic

Montalaar after i purchase and install you said you could help me set it up how should i let you now i have it installed. I sure apperciate all the help and advice.

Post Thanks / Like

You can buy that adapter from Martin. just make sure that you get the right one.

I only found the Cavalier Plunger Button (Take a look here: http://www.yeoldearcheryshoppe.com/c...ng-p-1684.html ). Every archery shop should be able to order one for a low price. The Cartel Button should cost around 15$.

Just for comparison:
    A beiter Button would cost up to 100$!
    (2) Hoyt PCEXL

blutic

Thank you. Ill take a look at that site and at our local proshop to see what i can find. Will also contact martin to get right adapter piece.

deanrm

Follow Eldermike's advice above. You should be able to get your bow shooting half-way decent with the Jet rest. Just screw the rest out until the arrow is a little left of center.