Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Practice, Exercises, Drills ???

SonnyThomas

Default Practice, Exercises, Drills ???

Golf tees may be okay, but this is more of figure 8 sighting, which is okay. I did this for some years - arrow hitting at the top of my pin at all distances.

Years back I'd finish my practice routine by shooting quarter size dots from 25 yards. I would shoot 5 of them. Sometimes it took more than 5 shots
    I also use to shoot these are far back I could see the dot. Sunlight just right, 60 yards is along ways.

Post Thanks / Like

Sonny...60 yds>>That's a good shot! I'm only at 15 and 20 yards w/ the tees, any farther and no matter how good the sun is I don't think I could see them. When I said I log the shots it takes me to hit a tee; thats because there are more misses than hits. Looks like I've got some work to do.
    Chasman, 2010 Martin Bengal 60#,Parker Phoenix 60#, Parker Hornet 70#. Hutch-n-Son strings.'Makes a lot of sense if you don't think about it!

Post Thanks / Like

Thought I'd try to add a couple pics. First time so excuse me if I foul it up.
    Tee drill at 20 yds and then 30 yds (hopefully). This pic is the 20 yd. pic...I lost the thirty yarder. I'll post it when I figure out what happened.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Chasman, 2010 Martin Bengal 60#,Parker Phoenix 60#, Parker Hornet 70#. Hutch-n-Son strings.'Makes a lot of sense if you don't think about it!

Post Thanks / Like

I think I have it this time...this is at 30 yds. Had 1 flyer! but no hits on the tees. Used 3 tees to make it easier to see.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Ionia(I-OWN-YA)Mi a prison town,go figure
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cjchasman View Post
    CarlosII has a good point. Some conditioning and stretching is a good idea. I hate to give a plug but I work out on a bow flex. Mostly shoulders and back. One thing to help the practice shooting...in the spirit of aim small miss small, I set up two or three block type targets. disregard circles or vitals. I insert wooden golf tees in a couple areas on the target (round end facing me) and log how many shots till I split one. Makes you focus and work w your sight pin control. Have fun!
    1" colored stick on dots(tape/lable section @ wally world) works really well. Practice hitting a 1" dot @ 30yds. Forces aim small miss small,proper release,and follow through. Climb in your treestand in the backyard and toos out a bunch of soda bottle caps and shoot @ them from 15-20ft up.
    '14 ChillR 28.5"/74# Extreme Recon sight,Schaffer Opposition rest,LS modular stab, Beman ICS Hunter 340

Post Thanks / Like

Another good drill that goes along with blank bail shooting, is to go thru your shot sequence and once you are at full draw, hold as long as you can with out firing the shot. Once you can't hold any more, let down. Repeat this at least 30 times a session. Then move into blank bailing.
    Martin Silver Star Shooter
    2013 Scepter V
    2012 Alien Nemisis
    2011 ShadowCat
    2008 FireCat
    2007 Scepter 4
    2006 Slayer X

" Right handed / Left eye dominate and shoot left handed "