Thread: Martin Firecat ibo speeds 335-345 which is it and why

MoBigBucks

Default Martin Firecat ibo speeds 335-345 which is it and why

what is the real speed for the firecat. Bow setup is 29in or 30in draw lenght can shoot both, 70lbs draw weight, G5peep lets say 375gr arrow or a 400gr arrow anyone know or what would you recomend for total arrow weight i want as much speed out of this bow can get and not void warranty not worried about penatration the rage broadheads take care of that or at least they do when shot from my martin monster buckhunter from dicks and it is only 60lbs draw weight maxed out all the deers shot with that bow all were pass throughs between 20 and 40 yards and yes all were recovered huge blood trails looks like a horror show any input helpful thanks

Post Thanks / Like

It's a range that the bow is expected to perform in if set to strict IBO standards. A lot of bow models can vary so Martin is not stating a given speed per se. If they just say 345 fps and someone doesn't get it then the word gets out that they are fudging the numbers or overstating the actual attainable speed. Giving a range of 10# is much more realistic.

And I can't say what it will ultimately end up at. I can't draw 70# nor do I even wish to try. It's not necessary. Nor do I have a 30" draw.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

I just got my new tr2 firecat yesterday, I'm shooting a 370gr arrow about 650fps.lol. Or does it just seem the fast

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ezbite View Post
    I just got my new tr2 firecat yesterday, I'm shooting a 370gr arrow about 650fps.lol. Or does it just seem the fast
    2008 Martin MOAB - 45-60#, set at about 51-53# / 55#" Perfect Line" compound/ 55# Mongol horsebow/ 45# "Perfect Line" takedown recurve/ 45# Bearpaw Grizzly hunter recurve/ 55# Samick Longbow Cheetah ... and several homemade bows

flytier17

If you take a Firecat and set it up IBO, it should shoot 335. If you tweak and tune and use special strings and arrows and do all the tricks, 345 is attainable.

Alec