Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: how many ppl shoot an STS and have a lot of noise

tommyhydro

Quote Originally Posted by bfisher View Post
    In a word? YES.

jpermenter, you can flip the STS and try a few shots to see if it gets more quiet. A few shots is not going to hurt the string. If it quiets things down then you can serve it later.
    very true, my STS is not the one that martin offers, i had one on my old PSE and just chopped it down a little, i believe the bend in my STS rod is a little more than the martin STS i have seen

String builder/ Moderator Hutch~n~Son Archery's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Even though it's recommended to serve the string where the STS touches it, I have yet to serve mine, and as long as I wax that spot frequently, after 100 shots I have had no problem.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hutch~n~Son Archery View Post
    Even though it's recommended to serve the string where the STS touches it, I have yet to serve mine, and as long as I wax that spot frequently, after 100 shots I have had no problem.
    100 shots? You got to be kidding. Iused to shoot competitvely and still shoot my share of indoor target and 3D indoors and out and I wax my strings about once every 1500 shots. Never have a problem with them either. No fraying, no fuzzing. Just normal wear going through the cable slide.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

String builder/ Moderator Hutch~n~Son Archery's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bfisher View Post
    100 shots? You got to be kidding. Iused to shoot competitvely and still shoot my share of indoor target and 3D indoors and out and I wax my strings about once every 1500 shots. Never have a problem with them either. No fraying, no fuzzing. Just normal wear going through the cable slide.
    I don't wax until after a few hundred shots. I said I had no problems after 100 shots because that was the last time I waxed the string and cables. I just have to wax that area a little more often because it will start to fuzz.
    Last edited by Hutch~n~Son Archery; 12-02-2009 at 09:02 AM.