Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Martin Warthog 70# ?

JohnnyThunder

Default Martin Warthog 70# ?

If I got a warthog at 70#, it would turn down to about 60# for a few weeks while I got used to it wouldn't it ?

SandSquid

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyThunder View Post
    If I got a warthog at 70#, it would turn down to about 60# for a few weeks while I got used to it wouldn't it ?
    70# will tune down to 55#.

JohnnyThunder

OK cool, thats what I thought - just wanted to make sure it would go down that far.

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Just make sure you back it off in EVEN turns. I usually do
    2 at a time. 2 on top, then 2 on bottom and so on. But now I'm thinking about it thats to loosen the limbs up to twist string and cables. I'd still do it evenly. I got my firecat less that 2 weeks ago and I've been creeping up on 70# well last night I Hit 70#'s and this morning I see where Martin got the name....fastfastfast!!! You'll be at 70 before you know it.

JohnnyThunder

OK, another question if I can please...

Where can I get one ? Can I order it online from somewhere ?

But I want the new 2010 version, not the 2009 version from the online store.

Also, does anyone know if the price is the same ?

Also, I'm not entirely sure I don't want a Firecat TR-2 or a Rytera Alien-X instead - where can I get one ?

Post Thanks / Like

go to martins home page and go to the find a dealer page, they should have the bows you want avaliable to shoot. i did this and found my guy was 4 miles away, ive given him lots of money too.lol.

JohnnyThunder

Quote Originally Posted by ezbite View Post
    go to martins home page and go to the find a dealer page, they should have the bows you want avaliable to shoot. i did this and found my guy was 4 miles away, ive given him lots of money too.lol.
    yeah I already did that, but the only martin dealer that was listed, when I got there he told me "I'm not a martin dealer, I don't have anything to do with them and they need to take that off their website"

JohnnyThunder

well I've been trying to get one on eBay, but my internet went out and I got outbid and couldn't up my bid

maybe i should get an 09 Firecat instead ?

what do you think is a good price on an 09 Firecat ?

JohnnyThunder

Nevermind - I got one!

I just pulled the trigger on a NIB 2009 Firecat 60#

I kind of wanted a 70#, but I wasn't sure I could handle that much and the price was way too good to pass up.

Post Thanks / Like

congrads on the firecat. im sure you will be pleased with it.