Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Martin Warthog 70# ?

JohnnyThunder

I'm sure I will be. I've been very happy with my Saber, and the fact that I got the Firecat for such a steal doesn't hurt anything either. Would you believe that I paid less for the Firecat than you can usually find a price for a Saber or Cheetah ? Sure its a 2009 model and not the 2010, but I can live with that.

Maybe next year I can catch a deal on the 70# warthog when the 2010s go on clearance.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyThunder View Post
    Nevermind - I got one!

I just pulled the trigger on a NIB 2009 Firecat 60#

I kind of wanted a 70#, but I wasn't sure I could handle that much and the price was way too good to pass up.
    I didn't want to get into it before, but I think you'd find yourself overbowed with 70#. If you had to start at 55# or 60# it's a pretty long haul to get to 70#. You'll be happy with a 60# FireCat. You have all the speed you need.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

JohnnyThunder

Quote Originally Posted by bfisher View Post
    I didn't want to get into it before, but I think you'd find yourself overbowed with 70#. If you had to start at 55# or 60# it's a pretty long haul to get to 70#. You'll be happy with a 60# FireCat. You have all the speed you need.
    yeah thats what I was sort of afraid of as well -- i would hate to get a 70# and then not be able to shoot it

I have an 75# PSE bow out in my garage thats tuned down to 64# and I can shoot it, but I can only shoot a few shots then I gotta put it down. I've never taken it to the indoor range and tried to see how fast it will shoot, but I'm certain its not as fast as the Saber - not as accurate either - just harder to pull.

As you know I've been working my way up little by little over the past few weeks with the Saber, and I can shoot my way through a 48 arrow quiver at least once sometimes two or three times in an evening with it and its tuned as tight as it will go now.