Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: bow repair

Post Thanks / Like

Default bow repair

So I recently purchased a martin exile, and the trg system is tearing up my string, even though it is adjusted properly. The sts supressor rubber broke in less then 200 shots, and my leather grip pealed off. So I email martin, and they say take it to a local dealer and they will order the parts.
    Here are my questions, will they replace my string? I expect them to replace the rubber, but I dont plan on using the sts after this anyway but I would love my wasted $20 back. And will they replace the trg with a regular slide if I request at no cost?
    I really dont want to leave my bow but they make it sound like I have to, at the local dealer. Other then string replacement this stuff is simple to fix and shouldnt need my bow to be left at the dealer. Any thoughts? Comments or similar situations? Any other effective way to approach this? I didnt by my bow from the local dealer, I got it on ebay, and I feel bad putting my local shop in the middle of this crap storm.
    I know martin is suppose to have great customer service, by I live on the east coast, and dont want to be without my bow for 2 weeks while they send parts that arent essential to normal function of the bow.

Post Thanks / Like

since you bought the bow off ebay i'm guessing that it was a used bow. in that case Martin isn't obligated to offer any repairs. if it is a used bow off the internet i'd say Martin is going beyond their legal obligation to make it right for you.

just MHO.

Ionia(I-OWN-YA)Mi a prison town,go figure
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm sure they'll hook you up w parts,but I doubt the string is an option. Anything is possible though. I disassembled my Cheetah and it looked like the idler wheel was bent. I call CS and told them I bought the bow off craigslist used and what the problem was. They said I could send the part to them and they would send me a new one,or to have my dealer order one and they would send it at no cost. I took option "B". My dealer called yesterday. My part is in.

moral of the stoey: you won't know unless you call. Be professional and kind w/o attitude and I'm sure you'll get results. Good luck
    '14 ChillR 28.5"/74# Extreme Recon sight,Schaffer Opposition rest,LS modular stab, Beman ICS Hunter 340

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the advice. Its a new bow from an ebay store, that was shipped directly from the factory. If it was used, I wouldnt be giving martin a hard time about it; and would expect to be paying out of pocket.
    I hope they resolve these issues, I like my bow but to have this many problems after 1 month and a few hundred shots is discouraging.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ford View Post
    Thanks for the advice. Its a new bow from an ebay store, that was shipped directly from the factory. If it was used, I wouldnt be giving martin a hard time about it; and would expect to be paying out of pocket.
    I hope they resolve these issues, I like my bow but to have this many problems after 1 month and a few hundred shots is discouraging.
    I have full confidence that Martin will take care of all your problems, and you won't have to pay a cent. They are an excellent company, and their customer service is 5 star.

A.S
    2011 Martin Firecat 400/NAP Apache Dropaway/Truglo Xtreme Sight/Custom 8" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    2007 Martin Jaguar /Trophy Taker Dropaway/Extreme Sight/Custom 21" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    Bow String Depot, Custom String Builders email us @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com

Post Thanks / Like

Default update

Went to my local martin dealer last night. Felt horrible about sticking them in the middle after not purchasing the bow through them. Although they admitted I got an excellent deal that they couldnt match. They were great by the way, chatted all things bow for nearly an hour. Neils archery in endicott ny, check them out if your local.
    Anyway they convinced me to leave the bow for 2 weeks while they called and had parts shipped in. My string and cable had strands worn through and they advised me it was unsafe to shoot. May last another 25 shots, or 5 shots and come apart in my face. My face isnt pretty, but its the only one I've got, and would like to keep it.
    Needless to say I have no bow for 2 weeks, and that is down right depressing. May actually have to spend quality time with the wife.........I hope she doesnt get to use to it.
    So the dealer is going to push to get a regular cable slide setup, new string, and new rubber for sos. I'm scrapping the sos system for a different decelerator, anyone interested in sos? Once the new rubber comes it wil be as good as new, I will make you a deal $10 plus shipping.

Post Thanks / Like

since the SOS is bolted to the TRG, if they replace the TRG with the cable slide and rod, they'll have to send an STS, which isn't a bad thing either. As for no bow for a couple weeks, I feel for you... I feel for you even more for having to spend time with the wife lol
    In God and guns we trust;
    • One nation, under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.
    • A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

2011 Onza 3: 70#, 28.25 draw (AMO), 384 gr arrow, 288 fps
    2005 Saber: 70#, same arrow, 250 fps

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wscywabbit View Post
    As for no bow for a couple weeks, I feel for you
    Get a backup bow.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Destroyer View Post
    Get a backup bow.
    Great advice there
    2011 Firecat 400
    2013 PSE Drive
    2012 PSE Brute X

Post Thanks / Like

hahaha my thoughts exactly! was on ebay this afternoon looking for a used setup, something a little cheaper, and maybe fit better to my short draw length. Slipping another bow in under the wifes radar will be difficult. Especially since I have a british lab on the way at the end of the month for waterfowl hunting. A new bow may push her over edge..........I guess I wont know until I try.....hahahhaha