Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What is your routine for shooting.

Post Thanks / Like

Default What is your routine for shooting.

So how much do you guys shoot?Every night or just whenever you can?Do you set the amount of arrows to be shoot in a night?

I try to get out every night and shoot 20 arrows ,5 each at 4 different distances.Week-ends can be alot more.
    2011 Firecat 400
    2013 PSE Drive
    2012 PSE Brute X

String builder/ Super Moderator Hutch~n~Son Archery's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Well SL I wish I had as much time as I use too. But I shoot the 20yard range 3 to 4 times a week. But now I have the ladder stand up I will practice as much as time allows. Also we need to replace our old outside target. I think once we build the new one I will go back to shooting 70yards regularly.

Hutch
    Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    Need a string set pm or email me @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    or check us out @ http://bowstringdepot.com

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Use to shoot 2 hour's a day when I had a better place to shoot. Nowadays I'm only shooting 30-50 shots per session, usually every day but lately due to other reasons it's been every couple of days and it has hurt my form (and strength) big time.

Post Thanks / Like

No routine here. I just shoot when I feel like it(that is until I get a job).

A.S
    2011 Martin Firecat 400/NAP Apache Dropaway/Truglo Xtreme Sight/Custom 8" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    2007 Martin Jaguar /Trophy Taker Dropaway/Extreme Sight/Custom 21" Stabilizer/Victory V6 Arrows
    Bow String Depot, Custom String Builders email us @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com

Post Thanks / Like

not as much as i used to.i just cant shoot for long periods of time.i used to every day around 50 to 200 arrows.i would come home for about an hour every day during work and shoot.i would shoot befor work and afterwork.sometimes at work.im still working on getting my hand better.

Post Thanks / Like

I try to shoot as much as possible at dusk. It is to hot down here to shoot during the day. I am trying to work on my form so I shoot basically at 20 yds and shoot until I can't hold the bow steady which now a days is only about 30 arrows.

Ionia(I-OWN-YA)Mi a prison town,go figure
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Arrow Splitter View Post
    No routine here. I just shoot when I feel like it(that is until I get a job).

A.S
    x2. Bout 60 arrows per pot of coffee...avg 5-7 pots of coffe/day. 300-420 arrows per day unless it's to hot n humid. Then it's less.
    '14 ChillR 28.5"/74# Extreme Recon sight,Schaffer Opposition rest,LS modular stab, Beman ICS Hunter 340

Post Thanks / Like

I don't have a range at home (soon, I hope... as soon as I buy a house, apartment life sucks) and I work 10 hour days so I only get to shoot a couple days a week. Usually its Thursday and Friday after the kids go to school. Then I sneak off to a friend's house and throw 50-60 arrows. He has 20-50 yards marked out to a big bag, and a "trail" with some delta deer.
    In God and guns we trust;
    • One nation, under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.
    • A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

2011 Onza 3: 70#, 28.25 draw (AMO), 384 gr arrow, 288 fps
    2005 Saber: 70#, same arrow, 250 fps

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Tell the wifes useless dog to start running bitch. She's a retired race dog, greyhound. I let her get a jump on me, so far she's still kicking, but some day she will slow down.

Post Thanks / Like

I try to shoot 3-4 times a week. 50-60 arrows each time. I try to shoot early mornings and around dusk. Since I mostly hunt, that's when I'll be shooting the most when it counts. I shoot as early, and as late as I can during low light. Occasionally, I'll shoot a few during normal daylight as well.
    2008 Moab 70# The deer killing bow
    2008/12 Firecat 60#--- 2010 Warthog 70#
    2009 Warthog 70#---2009-10-12? Warthog Frankenbow with Nitrous B
    2010 Strother SR-71 65# & 2012 Strother Rush 65#
    2012 Strother SX Rush 60# & 2011 Strother Infinity 70#
    BSD strings and cables

Yeah, I know I'm grumpy and opinionated.