Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 291 fps Firecat, but hearing a crack/slap!!

Post Thanks / Like

Yes it is the TR2 (2cams). It came with the STS closer to the bottom cam and I moved it because I read it was suppose to be closer to the nocking point, back to the drawing board.lol.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hutch~n~Son Archery View Post
    I don't know if you have a single or dual cam Firecat, but we've discovered that moving the STS closer to the bottom cam on a single cam bow usually quiets the bow down. This may or may not work for a dual cam. I hope this helps.
    FireCat is a Binary cam. The single cam version for 2009 is called a Moab.
    I've had both. Kept the FireCat and scrapped (sold) the single cam.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

ive done just about everything i can think of to quiet this slap, im still getting it. i really starting to think its the QAD rest. i even went down a 2 full turns on the limbs with no difference. i dont want to start sticking chunks of rubber on it but i gotta do something. any suggestions?

Post Thanks / Like

Try another rest and see if it changes anything. Maybe some fellow archery around you will help you with that.
    (2) Hoyt PCEXL

Post Thanks / Like

OK, is the rest hitting the shelf when it drops? If so then maybe a couple layers of moleskin on the shelf or the bottom of the launchers would help. Maybe even a small piece of insulation like that for use around doors. The foam rubber/self stick kind.

Hey, give something like that a try to find out for sure. Better than pulling your hair out. Keep it up and you might look like me. (Thin on top).
    Alien Mafia
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

It's got the v.e.m. Shelf covering on it, but I like the idea of the insulation. By the way, how tight should the v.e.m. screws be? Their snug but will go in more, it just looks like they weren't made to be cranked down. I'll give the insulation a try, if that doesn't work think I'm going to try a limb driver. The QAD was free with the bow, so no loss there. Thanks for the ideas.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, I do all kinds of jerry-rigging. I just got to thinking that maybe the rest prongs are whacking down on the shelf. I know it's got the VEM cover, but trying to think of anything that might be making noise.

As for the screws holding the shelf cover? Snug. Make 'em too tight and they'll just split the rubber around the screw holes.
    Alien Mafia
    PADI AOW Diver

NEstickslinger

Is your flethchings hitting your cables as they pass by? Why does it look in the pic like your cable is rubbing on your sts shaft?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NEstickslinger View Post
    Is your flethchings hitting your cables as they pass by? Why does it look in the pic like your cable is rubbing on your sts shaft?
    thats timtim146's bow. i just added a picture of mine. ive got the CCS. fletchings are clearing cables, i just checked, thanks for the thought, you never know

timtim146

lol Yeah its just how the picture is i get plenty of clearance with it on. I hope the servings on the vapor trails im getting hold strong with the ccs and the wheel on this bow though. As seen on my picture i posted in the 3d section my string is destroyed now at the wheel. Id say dangerous now?