Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Warthog lockup

danmcmanus

Unhappy My Warthog locked/jammed up in full draw

While shooting some targets today, my Warthog locked/jammed up at full draw resulting in a dry fire while I standing there looking at my "slack" string. While it was jammed I kept it pointed at the target while looking up and down at the cams and they bother looked lopsided. I wiggled the sting and it let loose. I don't want to draw it again until I have a pro look at it but does anyone have any ideas about what might cause this?
    Last edited by danmcmanus; 11-27-2009 at 04:38 PM. Reason: Details

Post Thanks / Like

How do you have the draw stop adjusted? I've heard of this happening with a couple bows, but without seeing it first hand I have no real answer.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

yep, look at your draw stop, i bet it came loose and moved. my firecat did this twice while we were setting it up. we rotated the modules and didnt adjust the draw stop. first time freeked me out, second was an easy fix. if it happens again, look at your modules, i bet your cables are off.

Post Thanks / Like

Weird....

This sounds like the over 90% letoff that i experienced myself. Just a bit more letoff...

I agree to check your draw stop. After moving it somewhat forward everything was okay. Also my pro shop told me not to shoot 'out of the module' as the string can jump off when the draw stop is not used at all (when you look at the module you will recognize that it flattens out to one side because it would touch the cable if the bow is not drawn..).
    (2) Hoyt PCEXL

danmcmanus

Default Warthog draw stop

Last night, before I was able to read any replies, I tried it again before putting it in the vehicle for the drive to the shop. Happened again, this time it stayed locked up. I laid it on the table and looked at the string, which was off the cam. Had no idea what to do, so I put it in the truck. When I laid it down, it let loose with another dry fire. This time the string broke and the draw stop popped off, bending the cam! Is this fixable? Where will I bring it?
    Last edited by danmcmanus; 11-28-2009 at 07:15 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Bring it to your pro shop. They will care about you as it was propably not your fault. You should get at least new cams and axles and strings. Maybe new limbs or even a new bow. Depends on what your pro shops will tell you.
    (2) Hoyt PCEXL

danmcmanus

Default Warthog draw stop

Where can I find a pro shop in my area, Ipswich, MA

Post Thanks / Like

Let me ask you where you bought your Warthog. Since it is a Pro-Series bow you need to buy it from a Pro-Shop?
    (2) Hoyt PCEXL

danmcmanus

Bow-Winkles Archery and Outdoors LLC
    1000 Race Street
    Plattsmouth, NE 68048

But I'm not anywhere near there

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by danmcmanus View Post
    Bow-Winkles Archery and Outdoors LLC
    1000 Race Street
    Plattsmouth, NE 68048

But I'm not anywhere near there
    HaHa Simon. Now you'll have to dig out a map and find that Dan is about 2500 kilometers from where he got the bow.

Dan, there is a dealer locator area on Martin's website. Try looking there. If you find one call them first. Sometimes the list isn't up to date. Dealers come and go.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver