Thread: Cheetah ccs

601hunter

Default Cheetah ccs

I would like to know when I replace the cable rod with the ccs, do I need to lower my poundage a few pounds or is it okay to leave it cranked down. I would hate to intall it and then have to much stress on the limbs and damage them prematurely. Any help is greatly appreciated, thanks.

timtim146

Leave the cable rod on it! lol Umm i would say you probably dont have to lower the poundage but i would anyways just for the heck of it. Do you have serving in that area and on the wheel?

601hunter

Thanks for the reply, yes it is served in that area, it starts at the wheel and goes all the way to the cable slide. What is your reasoning for not putting on the ccs?

Post Thanks / Like

For one thing, what year bow is it? The CCS requires a slot be machined on the side of the riser to accept it. I believe the 2009 bows have it, but earlier versions don't so it won't fit. And quite honestly, there is nothing to be gained by installing one.

You are right about one thing. The CCS routes the cables differently so does add about 5# to the peak weight of the bow. Turning the limb bolts out two turns takes care of this. Martin has figured that increasing the length of the cables can do the same thing, at least on some bows.

My advice? Leave the bow alone. You want a CCS then sell your present bow and add the money you'd spend for the CCS toward a new bow.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

timtim146

I was asking if it is served in that are because if it is not then the ccs will eat up your cables. BFisher is right but its all about what you want also. I have a ccs on my 2009 cheetah and it is very smooth. I like it more with the ccs

601hunter

Smile

Thanks a lot for the help guys, the bow is a 2009 by the way. Love the way it shoots right now, just always looking for those little tweaks. Thanks again.

drevilmike77

Quote Originally Posted by timtim146 View Post
    I was asking if it is served in that are because if it is not then the ccs will eat up your cables. BFisher is right but its all about what you want also. I have a ccs on my 2009 cheetah and it is very smooth. I like it more with the ccs
    I have CSS on my 09 Bengal and I got the string and cable served because it was getting chewed up. I also got the string served on the idler pulley too.

timtim146

Yeah i never got mine served because i didnt like the string anyways so im just putting vapor trails on :]. You can look at the pics of my string on the 3d talk forum its newer so it would be on the first page. My string is horrible :/ probably dangerous right now.