Thread: Nitrous cams

Post Thanks / Like

Default Nitrous cams

Can someone explain the difference between the A,B,C Nitrous cam's?

RogerSr

The A cam is the smallest, then the B cam is a little bigger, and the C cam is the biggest, as they get bigger they give you more leverage, I have all three, and they all three use the same mod's, you cam use one set of mods for A,B,or C, cams, and then there are X mods, that you use to make it a shoot through, I hope this helps.

Post Thanks / Like

The three different Cam sizes give you a different range of draw length. The largest cam provides the longest draw length, the smallest cam provides the shortes draw length.

You can shorten the minimal draw length with Minimods. They will make the draw a bit shorter.
    (2) Hoyt PCEXL

Post Thanks / Like

I understand that the different size cam's give you a difference in draw length, but what does the different cam's do as far as speed and draw cycle? I just bought a 05 slayr with Nitrous c cams and mini mods and am wondering if changing to b cams with standard mods would increase or decrease speed. Also what would it do to the draw cycle, as in which one is smoother?

Post Thanks / Like

You would gain some fps due to a somewhat better performance on the B-Cams. Furthermore it is always better to shoot in the higher end of a Camsetting than using a Minimod.

But your draw weight might change due to the different Cam size.
    (2) Hoyt PCEXL

Post Thanks / Like

How much would the DW change? Also since I can't get into the past specs on this website what would be the DL spread on the B cam with standard mods?

Post Thanks / Like

RogerSr

If you drop down to B cams the draw weight will go up, and I think the longest draw length on a Slayer with stand mods and C cams is 31",and the longest for the B cams is 28", so your going to go up in draw weight, and Lose 3" in draw length.

Post Thanks / Like

Most time the shortes standard setting for a C-Cam is the same draw length as the longest setting on a B-Cam. So your C-Cam with Minimods will be somewhere in the mid range of a B-Cam.
    (2) Hoyt PCEXL