Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: martin threshold package

rickyjames

Default martin threshold package

hello, new here, 1st post. i am interested in the martin threshold package as gifts for xmas. has anyone used this bow? any feedback? they would be presents for myself and sons, none of us have any real bow experience. thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Ricky James,
    I saw the Threshold in the 2010 catalog, and it looks like a really solid bow. Frankly, I think that you'll be very please with it.....most bows can shoot better than the archer, and while I'm new to Martin, I'm old to "string-guns". My only regret.....I discovered Martin later rather than earlier.
    ________
    Suzuki K125
    Last edited by baerman; 01-22-2011 at 03:39 PM.

rickyjames

thanks, well maybe i stumbled onto something good here. i know the martin name is respected but i'm not familiar with the products. since it is an entry level bow i guess i wondered just how entry level it is. i think i may give it a try. actually 3 trys, myself and my 2 sons unless i hear something bad.

timtim146

Yea i haven't seen anyone shoot the bow yet because of how new it is but im sure it its a very solid bow and it should shoot great. Archery is a passion and its very addicting so who knows. Im sure it will grow on you

JohnnyThunder

Not to discourage you from trying the threshold or anything, but since its near xmas time and at the end of the 2009 model year - you might consider looking on eBay. If you look around and don't mind getting last years model instead of a new 2010 you can buy Martin's top of the line for about the same price as entry level. Just something to think about.

fxdwgkd

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyThunder View Post
    Not to discourage you from trying the threshold or anything, but since its near xmas time and at the end of the 2009 model year - you might consider looking on eBay. If you look around and don't mind getting last years model instead of a new 2010 you can buy Martin's top of the line for about the same price as entry level. Just something to think about.
    I will attest to that. Hey there guys I am new to this place, and new to martin bows. I just purchased an 09 Firehawk for 350 (that's darn near half price) to my door. It may not hurt to look around.

scottdc

Default installing a peep sight

does or has anyone put a peep sight in, wit hthe orriganal string it came with. its seem that the string is not twisted. or i would be willing to shoot wothout the peep if its posable for a first timer. in a add for this bow, i seen the guy in the video useing a release, but did not have a d-loop, why?

Post Thanks / Like

You can shoot the bow 30-50 times without a peep in order the string to stretch and find its place and then put the peep. You can shooth both from the string or with a d-loop - i use a d-loop because i think it's more forgiving to the string.
    2008 Martin MOAB - 45-60#, set at about 51-53# / 55#" Perfect Line" compound/ 55# Mongol horsebow/ 45# "Perfect Line" takedown recurve/ 45# Bearpaw Grizzly hunter recurve/ 55# Samick Longbow Cheetah ... and several homemade bows

Post Thanks / Like

I own this bow and very pleased.. when I can smoke a target at 60 yards very very pleased I need to get a better site and rest and with an upgraded quiver it looks and shoots very clean. Next time I think about it Ill do a video at different yardages just to show how str8 this thing shoots.. 10thru60 yards at 60 yards depending on wind conditions arrow flight is awesome had it crono'd for a second time and was shooint 294fps 1st time was 295 but thats set at 65lbs might hit 299 at 70lbs im sure you could get more speed if you wanted but for an out the box bow at the price ill take this thing and put it thru normal abuse this season and reply back... like i said a new site,rest and quiver an this thing will last many of seasons
    Last edited by coma; 07-06-2010 at 02:06 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Default martin threshold

ok im very dissapointed in this bow first of its very cheaply made the arrow rest is complete junk you cant adjust the draw weight in any direction the bolts will not turn the bow is louder than my truck starting up and has no power the bow is just complete crap. I had to adjust the sight so much for 20 yards there is no adjustment left and the other 2 pins are useless i guess ya get what ya pay for and for another 100 bucks you could get a nice used pse or even a new stinger and have 100 times the bow this is a childs toy not a killing machine and i have the 2011 martin threshold right hand 60 to 70 lbs and its set at 27 inch draw im using some cheap carbon arrows i bought at gander mountian had them cut there to 28 inches the arrows are the 6075's and the feild tips are 100 grain the bow is a waste of cash end of story