Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: martin threshold package

Post Thanks / Like

Since this was first posted back in Dec 09, the Threshold has proved to be a lot of bow for the begining archer, and most report that they are very pleased with the purchase. In your case, it sounds that your anchoring kinda high, move you anchor point down some, and you'll find that you'll have an inproved sight range.
    http://eastoutfitter.tripod.com/index.html
    http://www.cascadianbowmen.org/
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, shoot thru, 63lb, Quiktune 3000, HAA OL 5519, Beman ICS Hunter
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, Shoot thru, 55lb, Quiktune 3000, HHA OL 5519 2X, Easton A/C/C
    Ben Pearson 1968 'Cougar' 62" 45#s @ 28" recurve, parallel shaft POC, Zwickey 'Eskimo' 2 blade

Ionia(I-OWN-YA)Mi a prison town,go figure
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow! new guys coming outta the woodwork. lol welcome to all of you. i dont have any experience with the Threshold. i doubt it's complete crap as stated,but neither is it top of the line. it is an entry level bow. something to get started in this great sport w/o breaking the bank. as long as the shooter does their part,the bow will kill deer. its not a parallel limb design,so it will be louder and have noticeable hand shock compared to higher end bow. there are plenty of products on the market that will take care of the bulk of the noise. look at limbsavers and bowjacks and the limbsavers stabilizers to start if you feel the need to quiet it down. also,a heavier arrow will absorb some of the energy making it quieter also.

find a good pro shop that's a Martin dealer and ask if they have any 2010 Martins in stock. if so,you may be able to get a higher end bow for less $$. they will usually deal on the price to make room for the newer models. specifically,a Cheetah or Exile(same bow,different name). alot of members shoot these and will tell you,they're an excellent bow at a good price. i chose a Cheetah over newer Hoyts. it shot just as nice for 1/4 the price of a big name bow.

if you need help setting the bows up,feel free to ask any questions you have. Martin bows can be worked on completely without a bowpress. with our help,you can be your own bow tech. Martin's customer service is THE best in the archery business if you ever need them. unfortunately,though,the CS department doesn't monitor the forums. so any issues you have as far as warranty work will require a phone call directly to Martin.

this is a very helpful sight and the guys here are very cool and laid back. that's the way we like it and as long as you're respectful and keep attitudes in check,all is well.
    '14 ChillR 28.5"/74# Extreme Recon sight,Schaffer Opposition rest,LS modular stab, Beman ICS Hunter 340

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chris001979 View Post
    ok im very dissapointed in this bow first of its very cheaply made the arrow rest is complete junk you cant adjust the draw weight in any direction the bolts will not turn the bow is louder than my truck starting up and has no power the bow is just complete crap. I had to adjust the sight so much for 20 yards there is no adjustment left and the other 2 pins are useless i guess ya get what ya pay for and for another 100 bucks you could get a nice used pse or even a new stinger and have 100 times the bow this is a childs toy not a killing machine and i have the 2011 martin threshold right hand 60 to 70 lbs and its set at 27 inch draw im using some cheap carbon arrows i bought at gander mountian had them cut there to 28 inches the arrows are the 6075's and the feild tips are 100 grain the bow is a waste of cash end of story
    welcome to the forum.are you new to archery?do you know how to tune a bow?is this your first martin?

so you have your self a bow that is really ment for the first time archer,and yes it can be tuned to shoot great.infact it will shoot better then anyone who gets behind the bow,take some time to ask questions about tuning your bow in a new thread and we can get you shooting it.or worst case throw it up on the classifieds here or on archerytalk(i bet your a member there) and get a bow that fits you.

i do have a question,did you shoot the bow befor you bought it.all you problems should have been noticed if you shot befor you bought.

again welcome to the forum.we are a bunch of goood ol boys itching to help a guy out.best of luck to you and happy shooting.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Martin threshold

No i did not shoot it first i bought it offline the bow has been tuned but still shoots like crab it is only shooting about 30 yards flat out i can adjust the sight all the way down at the anchor point and put the bottom pin all the way down and at 40 yards the arrow hits the ground 5 yards before the target at a loss of words for how disappointed i am in this bow
    Last edited by Double S; 03-03-2012 at 10:07 AM. Reason: foul language

Post Thanks / Like

Default pse

Yeah spend the extra 100 bucks and get a real bow pse all the way
    Last edited by chris001979; 03-03-2012 at 12:39 AM. Reason: spelling

Post Thanks / Like

ok im very dissapointed in this bow first of its very cheaply made the arrow rest is complete junk you cant adjust the draw weight in any direction the bolts will not turn the bow is louder than my truck starting up and has no power the bow is just complete crap. I had to adjust the sight so much for 20 yards there is no adjustment left and the other 2 pins are useless i guess ya get what ya pay for and for another 100 bucks you could get a nice used pse or even a new stinger and have 100 times the bow this is a childs toy not a killing machine and i have the 2011 martin threshold right hand 60 to 70 lbs and its set at 27 inch draw im using some cheap carbon arrows i bought at gander mountian had them cut there to 28 inches the arrows are the 6075's and the feild tips are 100 grain the bow is a waste of cash end of story
    First mistake imo. Find it hard to believe that you would have to adjust the sight that much, ever think that your center-shot was off or that it wasn't set up properly from the start?

No i did not shoot it first i bought it offline the bow has been tuned but still shoots like crab it is only shooting about 30 yards flat out i can adjust the sight all the way down at the anchor point and put the bottom pin all the way down and at 40 yards the arrow hits the ground 5 yards before the target at a loss of words for how disappointed i am in this bow
    Other part of all of this, if you were that unhappy, what is the point in coming back 3 months later to dig up this post? And going off the first part, I'm going to put my money down that it is operator error and not the bow. This is where I'm going to get a little defensive in that this isn't a place for trolls. If you want to try to stir up drama and bash the company who's forum this belongs to - do that else where. Everyone is here to help and share what they know and learn what they don't.

Digger asked questions specific to you that when unanswered until today where you come back for this? Really?
    Last edited by Double S; 03-03-2012 at 10:08 AM. Reason: Edit Quoted foul language
    2014 Lithium :: 2007 Cheetah :: Jaguar Take-down
    REAL AVID Field Staff / Bucks and Beards Scents Field Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Or, you could'a used that $100 and got a 2011 Ridge Hunter, Firecat, Bengal, or possibly a Pantera online. I watched a new (in box) 2010 Cheetah go for $174 + free shipping, yesterday on ebay. Take a deep breath, and start tinkerin with it rather than flame your choice. It's a good bow for the price if you give it a chance. You may want of move your peep one way or the other to help with the sight issue.
    I'm a Lefty

2011 Martin Ridge Hunter
    2012 Rytera Alien Z
    2008 Diamond Marquis
    2008 Diamond Marquis
    2009 Bowtech Sentinel
    2009 Bowtech Sentinel

Post Thanks / Like

feel free to post it up on the classifieds if you no longer wat to keep it?im sure some new archer would love to have it.

Post Thanks / Like

Members have been trying to help you out here but you seem to not want the assistance. We would gladly try to help you . Post some pics, the gear your using so that we can try and help you. Post a picture of the peep, rest, etc. Right now it just seems that your trolling. We can't help you unless you want the help.

p.s. I removed foul language in your post.

Post Thanks / Like

Default where to start

It just has the sight and arrow rest it came with i bought a different rest off ebay it should be here Monday or Tuesday and i think my brother has a better sight for it didn't mean to up set any one on here and thanks for the help