Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: martin threshold package

String builder/ Super Moderator Hutch~n~Son Archery's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Apology excepted, Now lets see if we can help you to the fullest of our knowledge. We have helped a lot of people on here. I will have to say there are a lot of knowledgeable members on here who can answer questions you have.

Oh btw welcome to the forum!

Hutch
    Bow String Depot Custom String Builders
    Need a string set pm or email me @ bowstringdepot@gmail.com
    or check us out @ http://bowstringdepot.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chris001979 View Post
    It just has the sight and arrow rest it came with i bought a different rest off ebay it should be here Monday or Tuesday and i think my brother has a better sight for it didn't mean to up set any one on here and thanks for the help
    No problem. Welcome to MTF. I recommend that you have a Martin dealer take a look at your new bow once you get your rest and sight put on. If you don't have one nearby, Take a look at Nuts & Bolts Book. it's free. I printed it out and placed it in a binder. It's always at the ready when I need something Archery related.

http://archeryhistory.com/archerytal...of_Archery.pdf

Post Thanks / Like

Default ok not so bad

First off i want say in sorry for acting like a jack *** and i changed the sight and arrow rest and the bow shoots 100 times better it not as true as some but i can at lest hit the target at 50 yards now not a bad starter bow at all

Post Thanks / Like

We are all here to help. More info on the set-up, etc will be let everyone provide more info for you to make things even better. What arrows are you shooting/spine/length/tip size - what draw# and length are you going with?

From there a good amount of information can be giving on where to start with things and how to get things in tune so they are shooting lights out. My Cheetah, not the highest end bow out there, I would put that up against any other bow from any other company any day of the week. Why, because I know the thing inside and out and have it dialed down perfectly for me.
    2014 Lithium :: 2007 Cheetah :: Jaguar Take-down
    REAL AVID Field Staff / Bucks and Beards Scents Field Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Default set up

Ok im shooting beaman carbon fiber arrows 400 spine the bow is set at 70 lbs 27 inch draw had the arrows cut just a tad over 27.5 100 grain field tips the weigh around the 386 grains

Post Thanks / Like

Default sqeek

Was out shooting today nd the top fully is very noisy on draw back it goes squeak every pull

Post Thanks / Like

could be a few things... first I'd look over the limbs, see if there's any obvious signs of cracks, maybe even take a cotton ball and just wipe them down; if it tears the cotton ball up you may have micro-cracks

second, look at the wheel (top) see if it has any noticeable lean one way or the other. If it does you can take the buss cable on the high side off and give it a twist or two to bring it even, or let out a twist or two on the other. (you'll need to either press the bow to do this or turn the weight on the limbs down until you can pull them off by hand.

Last would be to take the limbs off, and grease the contacts, barrel nut and bolt with white lithium grease...
    In God and guns we trust;
    • One nation, under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.
    • A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

2011 Onza 3: 70#, 28.25 draw (AMO), 384 gr arrow, 288 fps
    2005 Saber: 70#, same arrow, 250 fps

Post Thanks / Like

Default squeaky

Was just going to dab a little 3 in 1 oil on the pully or do you think that's a bad idea i originally put the bow together and took it to a very well known shop to have it tuned and the guy who tuned it put the d loop in the wrong place and just said ok looks goods and sent me on my way i don't want to bash the place i took it but i sure won't take it back granted he wasn't a Martin dealer and he was in a hurry but still
    Last edited by chris001979; 03-05-2012 at 04:14 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Default top pully

Ok i looked at the pully and it is straight from what i could tell so i just used a dab of that 3 in 1 oil on both sides of the pully right where the shaft goes through the pully and the squeak went away i can't wait to shoot again cause i had the rest and d loop redone and leveled it was way out of whack it was amazing it even shot at all
    Last edited by chris001979; 03-05-2012 at 05:02 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chris001979 View Post
    Was out shooting today nd the top fully is very noisy on draw back it goes squeak every pull
    One other thing to keep an eye on is the cable rod, I had this happen with my Cheetah and thought it was the idler wheel and also coming from the limb-pockets. The rod was a little loose so it made a creak when I cam to full draw as tension was placed on the rod as the cables came back.
    2014 Lithium :: 2007 Cheetah :: Jaguar Take-down
    REAL AVID Field Staff / Bucks and Beards Scents Field Staff