Thread: long draw bows

bigbob

Default long draw bows

Us poor ol' types with long draws [32''] seem to dip out these days when it comes to hunting bows. After xmas I might be going to "the dark side" and looking for a second hand bow with all the gizmos they have these days. As a life long finger shooter my aching bones are telling me that I need to make any shot really count while hunting. I will be limited with funds, so one a few years old wont matter, after all I use a 2000 cougar elite for comps.Most newer bows seem to stop at 30'' draw. Are they all draw length specific cams these days or is there a little leeway. I quite like the Moab and Saber. Will either get to 32 1/1 -32? Or is there another that could be recommended.Thanks for any imput from you guys.

timtim146

I dont know if they have a 32in module for it but im not totally sure. Maybe you could have martin make you one if you bought a bow. But the saber that you are looking at is a very nice bow. I dont know if you have looked at the bengal? But that is a very nice bow to. Hope you find what you are looking for.

Post Thanks / Like

I am sorry bigbob..

I have the same problem and most bows are just too short for me. I own a Warthog which has the longest possible draw with the CAT-Cam in 2009. And there is no way to get more drawlength out of it. I have tried that. THe only way is to get a Scepter, Mystic (2009) or a Shadowcat (2010, but with the laaaaarge cams for a loooong draw).
    (2) Hoyt PCEXL

bigbob

Default long draw

Thanks Timtim and Montaalar,
    Appreciate your replies, but dont want to get a martin with the reflexed [elite] limbs for hunting, ala mystic etc. Like the Razor x though.Any thing even a few years old [so the price is lower] that has the shorter ATA but gets to my draw length Surely one , either warthog, saber, moab, firecat or something must get a longer draw option?

Post Thanks / Like

No.

I own the Warthog with the (large) CAT cam and the long draw mod. The longest Draw possible is 31". And the Warthog is the bow with the longest possible draw.

But you can always order a Razor-X or S4 or anything else with the Magnum Limbs. My Razor-X have both Magnum Limbs. The AtA is around 39" and the longest possible Draw is at around 34". This combination is possible with the Mytic, the Scepter and all those 'target' bows. In combination with a Nitrous or a MPro or a CAT-Cam everything is possible. Just do not forget that the CAT-Cams need special limbs.

If you are registered at Archerytalk.com you can take a look at the Classifieds. I just found something that show what i was talking about:

http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showthread.php?t=1076296

That is a S4 with Magnum Limbs and Nitrous-B-Cams. The same Bow with C-Cams will give you a max drawlength of around 33". You can either find someone who will sell you the parts and you build your own or you order something similar from Martin. They also know the approx. maximum drawlengths of those combinations.
    Last edited by Montalaar; 12-06-2009 at 01:31 AM.
    (2) Hoyt PCEXL

timtim146

You know what you could do is get a warthog that goes 31in then if you use a d-loop? then you could make the loop longer so it would be 32in with the loop. if this would work for you then you could try to find a warthog off ebay or craigslist for a cheaper price. Im just trying to give you some ideas

bigbob

Default long draw

Hi Montalaar [ no I'm not dyslexic] and Timtim,
    Thanks again for your imput and have been thinking about the longer string loop myself. I am a frequent user of Archery Talk hence the need for me to know exactly what I should be looking for on their classified section. Reckon the Razor would be good, and the Warthog probably.Thanks guys.

bigbob

Default long draw

what do you guys think about personal preference between the slayr and the razor x with S E limbs? Both will get 31'' and as Timtim said maybe i could just use a longer string loop. Thanks

DB_43725

I run into the same problem as the Warthog I got only goes to 31 inches of draw, I realy need a 32 in. so I put a D loop on it but I use a kisser button and I still have to lean my head forward to get to it so in my oppinion that didnt help. Just my 2 cents worth.