Thread: 09 cheetah cam timing

timtim146

Default 09 cheetah cam timing

Alright so i dont mess with cam timing and would like to understand it more so i need help here. Ive been looking it up and my cheetah looks way out of timing lol. Can you guys help me out, tell me how to fix it, how my bow will react to fixing it and stuff like that? thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images

timtim146

would the cam timing being off make the bow louder?

Dave308

Quote Originally Posted by timtim146 View Post
    would the cam timing being off make the bow louder?
    Yes it would.

If you look a couple posts down there is another thread about putting cams in time.

Here ya go http://www.martinarchery.com/mtechfo...ead.php?t=5438

timtim146

Oh ok thanks thats good to know lol. Hm yeah judging from yours and what B said my cam is way outta timing. Well thats good to know for when i get my vapor trails.

Dave308

Yeah you'll notice a major difference

timtim146

Yeah thats good. Did you gain any speed?

Post Thanks / Like

timtim,

I want to tell you to look at your bottom picture, the one of the cam from the side. If you can use any kind of straight edge or even eyeball things you want to draw a line right down the right side of the "M". Where the line comes to the slot is approximately where the string should leave the cam. Maybe even toward the middle of the "M". Hope I'm making this clear.

Do this by twisting the cable and/or untwisting the string. This is going to put more rotation in the cam. It's going to lengthen the draw so you may have to change to a smaller module. It's also going to raise the draw weight so you may want to back that down. The bow should get a little more quiet and less vibration, and more letoff.

Don't forget to play with the draw stop, too. Use this to fine tune your draw length. Oh, and your nocking point is going to change so find out where it's at before you start so you can relocate it when you start retuning.

As mentioned in the other post, specs are approximations of where a bow performs the best. Adjust the bow to fit you, then tinker around till it's just right. Then measure the A2A, brace height, poundage and all that other stuff and record them. These will be the specs you want to remember.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

timtim146

Alright thank you all that is really good to know. If it lengthens my dl thats fine because i have the stop set pretty much as long as it will go. This makes me feel better to because ive noticed the bow is louder than i would like and the let isnt either lol. Thanks again