Thread: Fury Cam Help

jcmorgan31

Default Fury Cam Help

I just bought a Phantom for my wife. I believe it to be a 2002 model. It is red marble in color. It came with 2 sets of cams. The set on the bow has OHL stamped on it. The extra set has OOOHL stamped on them. I was told the extra set was for a 25" draw which is what I wanted. I can not find any cams on your charts with the letters HL at the end. I have found OOO cams that are both 24 and 25 inch. How do I know which cams I have? I can post pictures if need be.

Thanks,

Justin

PLASTIC PAUL

HL stands for high letoff. I can't remember the draw lengths for the 000 and the 00 though. You could also convert the bow to the Nitrous X system. I switched out the Scepters to the Nitrous from the Fury and never looked back. If i can help any more let me know.

dgmeadows

Default It depends on the limbs...

Per the 2002 model year charts available on this site, the "O" cam will give 26" draw on a straight limb Phantom, and 27" draw on an Elite or recurve limb Phantom. The "OOO" cam gives 24" on the straight limb, and 25" on the Elite/recurve limb.

As stated above, the "HL" is just the high let off (75%) designation. If the cam just had the "O" or "OOO" by itself, it would be a standard 65% let off cam.

I note also that you can use the same string on both of those cams - that is unusual. For the longer draw lengths, you have to change strings when you change Fury cams.

Hope this helps.

Darren

jcmorgan31

This bow has the straight limbs. I guess I have a set of 24" cams that I don't need. Is is possible to get 25" cams still? I'm gonna put the 24" cams on and see if it is too short for my wife, the 27" ones are way too long. Thanks for all your help. It is cool that Martin offers their bows in different configurations, but it sure confuses a guy that buys a used one and tries to figure out what he bought....

Can these cams switched out without a bow press? I have let out the limb bolts a ton so that my wife could pull it back and there doesnt seem to be much pressure left on the strings and cables. I didn't know if you could back these out far enough to take all the weight off the strings or not.

Thanks again,

Justin