Thread: Finding that sweet spot.

Hybrid View

Mulga

Default Finding that sweet spot.

I have been struggling to find the best nocking point on my Shadowcat. I have a Trophy taker shakey hunter (TTSH) fall away rest. I am trying to get the rest to work as low (to centre) the the rest mounting holes as possible. However trying to get fletching clearence (5" AAE on a 75/95 GT Hunter) has been an issue as well as how low to mount the TTSH for it to work well.

Are there any secrets to geting this to come togeather?

Now who said TUNING was easy

PLASTIC PAUL

What cams are you shooting? How is your nock point set up, do you have a loop, any tied in nock points? Details my friend the answers you seek are in the details.

Mulga

Mag limbs, Nitrous cams, D-Loop and Brass nock.

PLASTIC PAUL

I would strongly recomend getting rid of the brass nock and learning to tie one in yourself. The rest of the set-up sounds perfect. I would suggest tieing in a nock point that has the arrow square to the string and going straight through the middle of both burger botton holes. If you find you are not getting the arrow flight you are looking for lower your rest maybe 1/16" or so. With the Nitrous cams you want to have the arrow as close to square as you can, this is because of the level nock travel on dual cams. Are you shooting the X cams? See if you can find one of the Martin mounts for your rest they make some of this even easier, plus it is a rock solid mounting system.

I have gotten pretty good at setting up Nitrous cams so let me know if i can help any more.

Mulga

Thumbs up

Cheers mate. Im not shooting Nitrous X just standard Nitrous C cams. I have ditched the brass nock and served one in. I didn't have any proper serving so I used some 20lb Berkley Fireline, the stuff is made of Dynema so it should work ok.

Im still in the early stages of tuning so im sure I will have more questions for you.

Cheers

Dan

PLASTIC PAUL

100th Post !!!!!!!

Yah that Fire Line is pretty cool stuff !!!

HNSB

Your contact problems are with the rest?

Is the launcher laying down flat on the shelf when it's down, or is it sitting at a bit of an angle?

Do you have the ability to take a picture of the rest when it's down, and another at full draw?

Mulga

I will see what I can do.