Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Cheetah Bow Model? SN 0669768

mantissa

Default Cheetah Bow Model? SN 0669768

I just bought a used Cheetah bow but cannot tell the manufacture date and lack any other documentation.

The tag on the bow reads:
    weight 55-70#
    Draw: MP"
    Bow: 0669768
    Let Off: H
    Shoot: 87.5
    Split 35.75

I am a first time bow hunter and any help determining anything about this bow is appreciated. It doesn't have the "lightening" holes that I see in the new model cheetahs but it does have the cheetah "inset" picture on the bow itself so maybe this is a different cheetah model?

I appreciate any input.

My goal would be to have the correct manual and ID for the bow. Not sure what all the stuff on the tag means, too.

NEstickslinger

I could be wrong, but I would say it is a 06 model. I say this because of the 06 in the begining of the serial number.

timtim146

Thats usually what it means. Is that it was made in 2006 but i dont believe they made the chetah in 2006.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mantissa View Post
    I just bought a used Cheetah bow but cannot tell the manufacture date and lack any other documentation.

The tag on the bow reads:
    weight 55-70#
    Draw: MP"
    Bow: 0669768
    Let Off: H
    Shoot: 87.5
    Split 35.75

I am a first time bow hunter and any help determining anything about this bow is appreciated. It doesn't have the "lightening" holes that I see in the new model cheetahs but it does have the cheetah "inset" picture on the bow itself so maybe this is a different cheetah model?

I appreciate any input.

My goal would be to have the correct manual and ID for the bow. Not sure what all the stuff on the tag means, too.
    See if we can help:

55-70 is the weight range adjustablity
    0669768....06 is the year of manufacture (ID?). 69768 is serial #.
    MP means MPro cam
    Letoff---H means High/80%
    Shoot....87.5"......... length of the string
    Split....37.75.........length of the cable

You shouldn't have any trouble with a manual. The manual for all the bows made that year is the same. It has information about every cam system and general info about their bows. Check Martin's website or any dealer should have one.

If you check Martin's website try going to the 2007 catalog, page 22-23. The Cheetah wasn't offered in 2006 so you probably have an early 2007 model.

Hopefully I have given you the right information for your particular bow. Can you post a picture to confirm?
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

Huh, these other guys posted while I was typing and researching. See, everybody gets in on the act here. Archers helping archers.

And welcome to the Tech Forum.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

mantissa

Default jpegs of bow- you guys are fast!!!!!!!!!

Here are the pictures of the bow for visual confirmation of your conclusions. And, might I say WOW... you people are quick to respond!
    Attached Images Attached Images

timtim146

Hmm where does it say cheetah at? I dont believe this is a cheetah.

mantissa

Default So is it an early 07 Cheetah model?

So is it an early 07 Cheetah model?

Now that you have the pictures can you say with reasonable certainty that this is, in fact, an early 2007 version of the Cheetah?

Thanks for your help. It is so cool to get this kind of enthusiastic response so quickly.

mantissa

Default It does'nt say Cheetah anywhere...

It doesn't say Cheetah anywhere... There is no indication of a model on this bow that I can see. I'm just assuming that the picture of the animal is a cheetah (but I always tell the people at work never assume anything).

Anybody shed any light if there are bows with no names (models)?

timtim146

Well i say it is a martin jaguar. made in 2006. Never shot one before but im sure it is a great bow.