Thread: Brass Nocks & D-Loops

Mulga

Default Brass Nocks & D-Loops

Can anyone tell me whet the best way to set a nock. Is it best just to use a D-Loop and no brass nock or a combination of both?

I am using both at the moment. The bow is quite loud at the shot and the string leaches want to come out of the string I have tried serving them in. I am thinking that the nock (GT nock) is being held too tight.

What do you think?

Regards

Dan

mkd

Here is a picture of how I did mine. I like to serve the nock with the D-loop.
    Attached Images Attached Images

PLASTIC PAUL

Okay guys here is how i do mine. As a tournamnet shooter I cannot afford to have anyhting move, I am looking for a system that is 100% repeatable on every shot of every end. In case the pic isn't real clear, I have a served no-knot loop with two tied in nock points. The nock points don't need to be very large to get the job done. This may sound like overkill but when i first started shooting i had stuff move on me, Trust me that sucks. As a rule a nock point will try and move up if it can. This is less of an issue with Martins Nitrous cams because of the level nock travel, but it can still happen.
    Hopefully this helps.

HNSB

Get rid of the brass nocks. Just like the guys here have done, the best system is some type of served nocking point with a D-loop. Paul's knotless loops are pretty slick, but a tied one will get the job done too. You want to have a little bit of extra space between your nocking points (enough room for the nock, plus a tiny bit), but not much. One of the nice things about a loop is that it should help prevent nock pinch.

As for the string leeches, I'd suggest taking them off the string until just before hunting season. They don't really hold up well to a lot of shooting.

Mulga

Thaks guys that has helped.

I'd suggest taking them off the string until just before hunting season
    We dont have a hunting season here in Australia. We can hunt feral species all year round with no bag limits. Ferals inslude deer, hogs, foxes, rabbits, hares, cats, wild dogs, buffalo, scrub bulls, camels etc.

So I hunt whenever I can

PLASTIC PAUL

HOLY COW......Don't that get around too much you will be invaded by "Bubba's". You know the guy...tho one who bought his wife a camo "teddy", has camo living room furniture and has the recliner on the front porch.

HNSB

Front porch nothin'... I got a recliner in my deerstand!

Now about that ticket to Australia...

Mulga

Some states do have seasons for ducks, quail etc. And a couple have management/licence programs for deer. But most states regard deer as vermin, I know one farmer who shot 60 chital off his wheat crop in one week and then left them to rot....bastard