Thread: Hunting in Bulgaria

czechm8

Default Hunting in Bulgaria

Looking for the rules and regulations of hunting in Bulgaria, can anyone help????

Thanx,
    Czechm8
    Last edited by czechm8; 12-11-2009 at 07:21 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Should be some help available. Yell loud!!!!!!! Alex is from Bulgaria

ALEX......... where you at.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

I wondered where Alex gone some days ago..

Hunting with a bow is not allowed in Bulgaria. You could travel to Hungary for that purpose. If Alex chimes in he can give you some additional information.
    (2) Martin ShadowCat 2010

Post Thanks / Like

Well, i'm back...Bowhunting in Bulgaria isn't forbidden anymore, but it also ain't allowed The law was changed a year ago, but the country is in hard times (for the 100th time for the last 2 decades) and the additional laws concerning bowhunting aren't voted yet and i don't think they'll be soon.
    If you hunt with a bow and kill something you'll certainly have problems if the authorities catch you...
    2008 Martin MOAB - 45-60#, set at about 51-53# / 55#" Perfect Line" compound/ 55# Mongol horsebow/ 45# "Perfect Line" takedown recurve/ 45# Bearpaw Grizzly hunter recurve/ 55# Samick Longbow Cheetah ... and several homemade bows

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome back Alex! We missed ya!
    (2) Martin ShadowCat 2010

SandSquid

Quote Originally Posted by alex View Post
    Well, i'm back...Bowhunting in Bulgaria isn't forbidden anymore, but it also ain't allowed
    <snip>
    If you hunt with a bow and kill something you'll certainly have problems if the authorities catch you...

So, it is OK to HUNT with a bow, it's just not OK to actually harvest anything??
    I think I should do quite well there as my freezer is now EMPTY of all meat!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks, Simon! SandSquid, it's a Catch 22, but if you are bold enough and know the right people you'll be ok. I don't and i'm not a hunter, so i use my bows for fun only.....and buy the meat from the grocery
    2008 Martin MOAB - 45-60#, set at about 51-53# / 55#" Perfect Line" compound/ 55# Mongol horsebow/ 45# "Perfect Line" takedown recurve/ 45# Bearpaw Grizzly hunter recurve/ 55# Samick Longbow Cheetah ... and several homemade bows