Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: String twisting

  1. #1
    daamcon
    Guest

    Default String twisting

    I bought a new cheetabow, and had the local archery shop put in a peep sight.
    I then installed a D loop my self. Evert time i draw the bow the string twists
    and the peep is off. How do i fix this.

  2. #2
    RogerSr
    Guest

    Default

    You need to take the string off and give it a half twist or untwist to bring the peep back in line

  3. #3
    brushrat
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by daamcon View Post
    I bought a new cheetabow, and had the local archery shop put in a peep sight.
    I then installed a D loop my self. Evert time i draw the bow the string twists
    and the peep is off. How do i fix this.
    you might try just twisting the "D" loop on your string first. Your loop will force the peep into the correct position when you draw the bow back.

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    309
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by daamcon View Post
    I bought a new cheetabow, and had the local archery shop put in a peep sight.
    I then installed a D loop my self. Evert time i draw the bow the string twists
    and the peep is off. How do i fix this.
    If I have a peep rotate, during the draw, even if it ends up aligned, I replace the string.

    I won't tolerate an unstable string.

    There might be a way to stop it, and I have just been throwing away perfectly good strings, but I haven't been able to get a string that rotates the peep, to stop doing it.

  5. #5
    racknspur
    Guest

    Default

    Good luck! I've got a Moab and the string is incapable of a tubeless peep or the peep that splits the string in 3. Best off to get a new aftermarket string H&M makes a hell of a string for a lot less than the other big names.

  6. #6
    Super Moderator bfisher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Middletown, Pa, USA
    Posts
    11,596
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by copterdoc View Post
    If I have a peep rotate, during the draw, even if it ends up aligned, I replace the string.

    I won't tolerate an unstable string.

    There might be a way to stop it, and I have just been throwing away perfectly good strings, but I haven't been able to get a string that rotates the peep, to stop doing it.
    I've had one Doc. A 2009 Moab that was a real PITA. I finally got fed up with it and tried something. I removed the string, then removed the center serving. Then added about 20 twists to the thing, stretched it out and put new center serving on as tight as I could get it. Lo and behold the darn thing settled down after a hundred shots or so. Then I was able to point my fletcher straight back and it then drew straight back---for a while. Eventually it turned a bit but only about ten degrees. 1/2 twist of the string put it back on track. Then I sold the bow.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    309
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bfisher View Post
    I've had one Doc. A 2009 Moab that was a real PITA. I finally got fed up with it and tried something. I removed the string, then removed the center serving. Then added about 20 twists to the thing, stretched it out and put new center serving on as tight as I could get it. Lo and behold the darn thing settled down after a hundred shots or so. Then I was able to point my fletcher straight back and it then drew straight back---for a while. Eventually it turned a bit but only about ten degrees. 1/2 twist of the string put it back on track. Then I sold the bow.
    Was the center serving wound the wrong direction?

  8. #8
    Super Moderator bfisher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Middletown, Pa, USA
    Posts
    11,596
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Heck, I don't know which direction it was wound. Main reason I cahnged it was because of the size. It was too big and the nocks were tight as hell. One thing, among many others, that I will not tolerate are nocks that are too tight. Just one of those many details I like to attend to before I even try to tune a bow.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    309
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    The only equipment failure that has ever cost me a deer, was an arrow nock breaking on the shot.

    To add insult to injury, it bounced off my top limb and hit me in the face!

  10. #10
    Hoosieroutdoorsman
    Guest

    Default

    Another thing to check is the Idler, make sure it is square with the top limb and straight, alot of times the idler will lean and no matter what twisting you do to the string the peep will continue to rotate. Check the idler, you should have to add 4=5 twists to the right side of the buss cable yoke at the top limb to bring it back to level. Then add a half twist to your shooting string in the direction you need to bring the peep back around. Should fix you up.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •