Thread: Firehawk string Noise

RobD

Smile Firehawk string Noise

Thanks for the help on my string noise,i moved my STS cloer to the string,its about a 16th off it sounds a lot quiter,i found a lose plastic piece, not sure on string,it were the twisted string and the wrapped string meets,almost looks like a piece of srink wrap,i have two of them 1 on top n 1 on bottom,i slid it back up centing between the twisted n the wrapped string.after a few shoots it slides back down,do I need it?also how much speed would i lose if I put aBowJax string silencer on my bow,the Cheetah comes with two,n every pic i see of the Chettah has them,why doesn't the FireHawk have them,Want to Thank everyone that has helped me with my issues,n all thAT reply,nice to have a place to ask these questions,U all r Great Thanks ROB

Post Thanks / Like

The shrink tube is probably the covering over the speed balls (2 brass nock sets near the cam). It's not necessary. Just carefully cut it off.

Don't know how much speed you'd lose with Bow Jacks. I'd just use some Simms string silencers, being as I can get them for free. I forget what they're called. Brain fart.

I haven't looked at any pics of Cheetahs lately, but the reason they have Bow Jacks and yours doesn't is because yours has the STS and the Cheetah doesn't. Tit for tat.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

RobD

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by bfisher View Post
    The shrink tube is probably the covering over the speed balls (2 brass nock sets near the cam). It's not necessary. Just carefully cut it off.

Don't know how much speed you'd lose with Bow Jacks. I'd just use some Simms string silencers, being as I can get them for free. I forget what they're called. Brain fart.

I haven't looked at any pics of Cheetahs lately, but the reason they have Bow Jacks and yours doesn't is because yours has the STS and the Cheetah doesn't. Tit for tat.
    Ok great,I will cut them off,I was playing round, tinging string like a guitar,and noticed the lower part of my string were the STS is has no vibration after a pulk LOL,but upper part of String has the Vibration ,n thats were the noise sounds like it coming from,it ashame they don't have Sts on top an bottom,but i will try the simmssilencer on top,c how it reacts,the sound isn't much,im probablely over reacting.But I have to say I Love My Firehawk,[till i have to get it tuned,Thanks for the info..

Post Thanks / Like

Limbsaver, string leeches is what I was referring to. Couldn't think of the name at the time. Make sure you get the Super string leeches and serve them in right.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver