Thread: new cable issue

Hybrid View

tlau

Default new cable issue

I replaced the cable on my phantom bow over the weekend. I realized that it is harder to draw back and it become noisier. I also realized the broadheads hitting to the right of the field point arrows by about 10 inches. Does anyone has any ideas?? Do I have to retune the bow again. How many shot do I have to take before the cable break in?? Thankyou.

PLASTIC PAUL

Did you do just the cable or the string as well? When i make a set of strings they generally settle in less than 100 shots. You may have to re-tune and it sound slike the cable and string are not in sync. Are the bows specs in line?

tlau

Quote Originally Posted by PLASTIC PAUL
    Did you do just the cable or the string as well? When i make a set of strings they generally settle in less than 100 shots. You may have to re-tune and it sound slike the cable and string are not in sync. Are the bows specs in line?
    I only replaced the cable. What is bows specs?? Thank you for your help.

PLASTIC PAUL

Are the Axel to Axel and brace height right?

Post Thanks / Like

Default What do you do to ajdust

What are the steps of bring the specs in line???

HNSB

tlau: what year, cams, and limbs are your bow?
    I just had one other thought... Are you sure that the cables in the correct hole of the cable slide? That could cause the symptoms you describe... Also check everything for clearance. Is it possible your rest or cable gaurd moved when you replaced the cables?

MarinTracer:
    First off, the manufacturer's specs are with the limbs bottomed out. You need to bottom out the limbs before you spec. Use the cables to set the axle to axle, then use the string to fine tune the draw length. Sometimes you have to adjust one to get the adjustment you need in the other, but in general follow that guideline. (If you don't have a press, or know how to use one safely, this needs to be done by a qualified pro-shop)

After you get it to spec, bring it back down to your draw weight. It's a good idea to re-measure and record things at that time. Then you don't have to go back to the beginning when checking things.

Always check the cam timing when you finish making adjustments.
    Last edited by HNSB; 06-22-2006 at 05:17 AM.