Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 2010 shadowcat

TXN

I've only been on this forum for a few days and have been trying to decide what bow I wish to purchase. I am leaning heavily toward the 2010 Shadowcat and have pretty well made up my mind that this is the bow I will get. However, I've found that information on pricing and availalbity is quite limited online. I haven't contacted any Martin dealers yet, but I intend to do so if I can't find a place to order online.

I'm hoping some of you guys who have ordered a Shadowcat might be able to help steer me in the right direction as to where I might find one. Do I have to actually go to a Martin Pro Series dealer in order to make a purchase or is it possible to just place an order with Martin and have the bow shipped to me? I live in a very remote area and there are no Martin dealers anywhere within several hundred miles of me, so I would much prefer to simply have the bow shipped to me. Any leads on where I might be able to place an order? Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

The Shadowcat is a Pro Series bow therefore the only way you can get one (new) is through a Pro Series dealer.

TXN

I just got off the phone with my nearest Pro Series dealer and he informed me that they can't be shipped at all and that I will actually have to come into the store and purchase the bow over the counter. Unfortunately, he doesn't have any in stock and says that he is at the mercy of the manufacturer as to when he will ever get any in. He says he already has six orders to fill and expects that the bows will trickle in one by one as they are produced, so it doesn't look like I'll be able to find one anytime soon. I assume my best bet will be to place an order with a dealer and then just wait and see how long it takes to get the bow. Pretty inconvenient, considering that I'll have to drive over 600 miles round trip to go pick it up!

Post Thanks / Like

I think that is only partially correct. Last year Martin started a program allowing you to order a pro series bow through their online catalog and the order would be filled through the nearest pro series dealer who would presumably ship you the bow if you aren't close. The link below was a note that Ryan Martin posted on AT about this program.

http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showpo...2&postcount=37

I would definitely call Martin and ask about this before giving up. It would also be nice to hear from anyone who took advantage of this program last year to hear what their experience was. It would also be nice to know when the 2010 online catalog will be posted.

zoogie@verizon.net

Question new cat 1.5 cam

has anyone had a chance to shoot a bow with this cam? if so how is the draw?

JayBArchery

lets keep the updates comming so i don't keep calling.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by C Bailey View Post
    I think that is only partially correct. Last year Martin started a program allowing you to order a pro series bow through their online catalog and the order would be filled through the nearest pro series dealer who would presumably ship you the bow if you aren't close. The link below was a note that Ryan Martin posted on AT about this program.

http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showpo...2&postcount=37

I would definitely call Martin and ask about this before giving up. It would also be nice to hear from anyone who took advantage of this program last year to hear what their experience was. It would also be nice to know when the 2010 online catalog will be posted.
    I ordered an '09 Firecat this way last year. Took 5 weeks to receive the bow.
    No problems with it.
    Dont know when the '10 catalog will be online.
    The '10 Rytera catalog is available now but only the 'X' is listed so far.
    I have an Alien 'Z' on order now thru a dealer and he is willing to ship it to me when it comes in however it is only a 50 mile drive so I will just go pick it up.

TXN

I called Martin about this yesterday and was told that the 2010 online ordering should be available in a week or so.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TXN View Post
    I called Martin about this yesterday and was told that the 2010 online ordering should be available in a week or so.
    It sounds like you are going to have to put some pressure on that dealer so you don't have to drive 600 miles. Or, maybe Martin will do that.

XSpot

Thumbs up Shadow cat

My Martin rep came down to my local shop in Dec, with some of the new bows. I shot it and loved it. The bow aimed great and had a hard wall and it was a smooth draw cycle. ,did i say no recoil or vibration. I orded 1 the next day. My buddys came down and shot it. They sold there 2009 bows of an other company. Here we all are waiting patiently. If you are thinking about ordering the bow just do it I was impressed I would do it before the big ATA trade show the waiting list will only be getting longer.