Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 2010 shadowcat

TXN

Actually, I miscalculated the distance to my nearest Pro Series dealer. I thought it was about 300 miles, one way, but when I checked the actual mileage, it is 384, so I would be looking at a round trip of almost 800 miles to go pick up the bow! I'm not exactly sure how it works, but after calling Martin to inquire about having a bow shipped to me, I was told that the online store for the 2010 models should be available in a week or so and that, at that time, I could place an order online. Apparently, the order is drop shipped through my nearest dealer, so he is still involved in the transaction, but the bow is shipped to my house. At least that is the way I understood what I was told on the telephone. If anyone has experience with this, I would be interested in knowing how it works.

When is the ATA trade show? I intend to place my order as soon as payday comes around, which is in 17 more days!

Post Thanks / Like

That is right as far as i know.

The Shopatron (which is in fact Martins online store) will look up the pro series shop that is the nearest to you so you will be able to buy the bow from him. They will send the bow as a package to you.
    (2) Hoyt PCEXL

TXN

I finally got it all figured out and the Shadowcat is on its way! After all the difficulty with trying to find a way to purchase the bow, I just made a call to Martin and discussed some options.

According to the person I talked to, the online shop-a-tron is being updated with the 2010 models and should be on the website soon. How soon, they couldn't tell me. It was explained that the way shop-a-tron works is that once a person places an order, the info is uploaded to a system that Pro Series dealers can view. Any of them who has the item in stock or otherwise wants to process the order can accept it and make the sale.

Since they couldn't tell me how long I would have to wait to order online, they gave me a referral to a dealer who frequently drop ships bows. I gave him a call and he processed the order and told me he would get right on it. Two days later, I received an email with shipping confirmation and a tracking number, so the Shadowcat is travelin' now!
    Last edited by TXN; 01-29-2010 at 09:22 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Thats great!
    Let us all know how you like it and post some pics when you get it.

Post Thanks / Like

That good news. I'm glad to hear you got this thing straightened out beore you give yourself a heart attack. Let us know how this whole works pans out and how you like the bow.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

zoogie@verizon.net

are the titanium shadowcats shipping yet,I've been waiting 5 weeks!

Post Thanks / Like

They are shipping.

And hey, you are behind me in the line i am waiting since october.
    (2) Hoyt PCEXL

zoogie@verizon.net

Quote Originally Posted by Montalaar View Post
    They are shipping.

And hey, you are behind me in the line i am waiting since october.
    looks like I have a bit of a wait !

Post Thanks / Like

I do not think so. Due to the way Martin handles their orders.. I will have to wait for some more months.
    Last edited by Montalaar; 02-03-2010 at 10:49 AM.
    (2) Hoyt PCEXL

TXN

The Shadowcat is here. UPS truck just dropped it off at my house about an hour ago. I called in my order last Wednesday and the bow arrived today, exactly one week later. I was expecting it to take much longer as I've seen that some of you guys have been waiting on Shadowcats for weeks, but I guess mine shipped right away because I ordered camo.

The bow looks great, but I don't know when I'll first get a chance to shoot it. I'm waiting on sights to arrive on another UPS truck that's scheduled to come on Friday and I'm also waiting on some new arrows. I purchased a rest, but am not sure if I'll use it. I'm still undecided about what rest I will use since I'll be finger shooting this bow. Any suggestions on that would be helpful.

Also. I'm a little disappointed that the bow doesn't come with more instruction literature than it does. I guess that is a disadvantage to ordering and having it shipped as opposed to buying from a shop. I'm completely unfamiliar with this type of cam system, so I suppose I'll just learn as I go. According to what I've heard, the let-off is very easily adjustable on this bow. I think I'm going to want to change it from 80% to 65%, but I don't know how to do it and there is no mention of it in the instruction booklet. If one of you guys can tell me how it's done, the info would be much appreciated.

It may be next week before I have everything I need to start shooting, but I will definitely keep you guys posted as to how I like the bow. I must say that when I opened the box and pulled it out, I could instantly tell that it felt good in my hand and I think I'm going to be quite pleased with it!