Thread: new bow stage 2

Post Thanks / Like

Default new bow stage 2

hey all i was jus pokin round my new bow , and didnt notice at first but the upper limb adjustment appears to be backed off, the lower is all the way tight , do theses back off ?

RogerSr

Quote Originally Posted by polaris754 View Post
    hey all i was jus pokin round my new bow , and didnt notice at first but the upper limb adjustment appears to be backed off, the lower is all the way tight , do theses back off ?
    Yes, they can be backed out up to five full turns, but they need to be backed out the same amount of turns! do not shoot it with the limb bolts backed out a different amount of turns, they need to be the same,
    for each full turn that you back the bolts out you will lower the draw weight by #3lbs.

RobD

This is how i do mine tighten up both limb bolts,then i got nail polish marked a line from the alien wrench hole to the edge of my bolt towards the limb,on both limb bolts,then when you turn the limb bolt ,it makes u know exactly how much you have turned them,Thats how i did mine,Welcome to the welcome to the Martin Family.

Post Thanks / Like

Default new bow stage 2

kinna havein a porb wit dat the manual says u can experimant with them and they dont have to be the same

Post Thanks / Like

Default new bow stage 2

the bows been like this since i have purchased it , or it may have backed off ?dunno ? jus wonderin if its ok >?

RobD

I make mine the same,When i am fine tuning i turn the bottom if its needed 1/8 inch,But they should be very close to being the same,

FireHawk Owner

Quote Originally Posted by polaris754 View Post
    U want both of your Limbs to be tighted the same amount,with one tighter then another,u won't get the performance that the bow is capable of