Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New String

RobD

Default New String

I just got my new string in and installed it,when they put my STS serving on they missed the correct spot,they should have set the measurement back from there starting point on the serving,so the serving starts right were STS ends,also tried to flip the string thinking maybe i put the wrong ends on the cams but i was not that lucky,my question is does the STS need string servings, does it create that much wear,I'm going to call to see if they will send me another string but i don't want to wait for another string to arrive,worst comes to worst i will bring it to a bow shop and have them serve that area were STS is.also is there another place the STS can be mounted,i see a little yellow and orange STS sticker above were STS is,is there a mounting hole under that ,look at the pic above STS .
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by RobD; 12-31-2009 at 10:59 AM.

DB_43725

The serving on my warthog came loose after a few shots so i just took the bow to the shop and had them reserve that aera. I didnt keep shooting it after it came loose ,,dont know if it would hurt the string or not ,but I wasmt taking any chances.

FireHawk Owner

Not sure about ur Question ,but i was looking at the pic of your box what is that coming off the back of your sight,is that some kind of Quiver extension,thats cool, were did u get that,i could use that if it is,so my arrow will be more center of my bow.and not hang down past my limb.

golfisserious

Quote Originally Posted by FireHawk Owner View Post
    Not sure about ur Question ,but i was looking at the pic of your box what is that coming off the back of your sight,is that some kind of Quiver extension,thats cool, were did u get that,i could use that if it is,so my arrow will be more center of my bow.and not hang down past my limb.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-Alpine-BEAR-...item518e491f25

will solve your problem... nothing worse than picking out the mud after you hunt...

FireHawk Owner

cool thank you,thats good price to,Thats again.

RobD

Quote Originally Posted by FireHawk Owner View Post
    yes it a quiver Hi rise ,it raises your quiver 4 inches and sets it back 2 inches , yeh i had the same problem ,and bought a tru glow adjustable Quiver and had to adjust it all the way,when i shot with it on the bow,it had so much Vibration because i had it all the way to the bottom of the neck of the Quiver to center arrows with the bow,so i found this and it solved all my Quiver problems lol,heres the site http://www.bowhuntingstuff.com/produ...ow_Quiver.html
    Last edited by RobD; 12-31-2009 at 02:27 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

My Firecat didn't have any serving at the STS so I served that spot with dental floss. It doesn't weigh anything and it is still there - 5000 shots or so later...

RobD

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Spiker View Post
    My Firecat didn't have any serving at the STS so I served that spot with dental floss. It doesn't weigh anything and it is still there - 5000 shots or so later...
    good idea,i just have to find some black floss lol,might be a chore.

RobD

is that yellow and orange spot above my STS an optional spot,if so the serving will cover that.

timtim146

Hey man i dont think they mest up on the serving. I just think they figured it has the other sts that comes with the new bows. Bows sometimes come with the sts that is curved up towards your nocking point but yours is straight. If you had the other sts bar it would be fine.