Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 2008/2010 FireCat Review

Post Thanks / Like

I finally got a chance to shoot outside today a little. I had a hunch there might be a change in point of impact after making as many changes to the cables and string as I did and there was. The POI had changed to the point I had to set my HHA single pin sight to the 40 yard setting to get it hitting where I aimed at 20 yards. To compensate for this I determined I needed to move my sight housing down to the next set of mounting holes. It got too dark to shoot after making this change so I'll have to wait until tomorrow to see if this does the trick or not.

As to how it shot, in general it seemed like it was at least as fast as it was before and it was smoother and just as, if not slightly, quieter than before. And like I said before I can let down with much more control now too. Overall, I'm quite pleased with the results. Even if the change in sight housing location doesn't completely bring POI back to dead on, this will be an easy thing to take care of - just have to reposition the yardage tape.

I'll try to get outside and shoot tomorrow and report back on the final results.
    2008 Martin Firecat Pro-X (29" DL, 66# DW), home-made TRG, new VEMs, DS Advantage/HHA Pro-5519 front sight, No-Peep Sight Eliminator, Limb-Driver arrow rest, B-Stinger stabilizer/dampener, custom upper STS, G5 Head-Loc quiver on custom mounting bracket. Gold Tip Velocity XT300 arrows with Bi-Delta 2.5" Sharkstooth vanes and Grizzly single-bevel broadheads, 498 grains at 262 fps (22% FOC)

Post Thanks / Like

The weather was nice today - 50 degrees and hardly any breeze - so I took some time to shoot while it was nice. As hoped the small change in sight housing location did the trick. I didn't even have to move my yardage tape - it was dead on. I shot from 20, 40 and 60 yards with the POI right where it needed to be at each range. Yee-ha, I'm a happy camper now.

Back on topic (2010 CAT-2 cams, limbs and cups that Barry started), I think I'll leave my bow as is since I'm really not experiencing the severe cam lean or cut/worn serving problems that others have had. Unless I have another cracked limb event I'm gonna stick a fork in it and call it done.

Thanks to all, especially Barry and the AT threads on tuning, for all the help. If anyone with a CAT-cammed bow is having issues with the bump or simply wants to get their bow tuned as best can be I highly recommend taking the time and effort to read and apply the information these contain.
    2008 Martin Firecat Pro-X (29" DL, 66# DW), home-made TRG, new VEMs, DS Advantage/HHA Pro-5519 front sight, No-Peep Sight Eliminator, Limb-Driver arrow rest, B-Stinger stabilizer/dampener, custom upper STS, G5 Head-Loc quiver on custom mounting bracket. Gold Tip Velocity XT300 arrows with Bi-Delta 2.5" Sharkstooth vanes and Grizzly single-bevel broadheads, 498 grains at 262 fps (22% FOC)