Thread: cables in the way of the string

cruffleluficus

Default cables in the way of the string

Hi. I'm pretty new to archery and I just picked up a Firecat on ebay (I don't have pictures yet, it's this one). I have a couple of questions about it, but the most important is that the cables are directly in front of the bowstring. It appears when comparing it to my son's Bear that the cable slide is on the wrong side (cables/slide on the left side), and looking at the wheels, the bowstring is in the big part of the wheel (no cam) but on the right side, and the cable is on the little part (cam) on the left side. The ad did say that the limbs and wheels were replaced, and I was wondering if maybe it was put together backwards. I can provide better pictures if you need them, I will just have to find the camera. Also, what is the set screw for on the yoke that holds the cables together. I will probably have more questions to come, but I wanted to thank y'all for the questions you have already answered.

Chris

Myk

Rotate the cable guard further out if you can.

The side the cables are supposed to go on depends on the slide. My Lynx didn't like the kind that put the strings on the inside.

Hard to guess any more without pictures of the exact bow you're talking about.

Post Thanks / Like

I shot my firecat for years without a cable slide. But if you want to leave it on. just turn the bar out untill you have the proper clearance. The set screw in the yoke is to shorten the cable to time a two cam bow. Also the bow that you pictured doesn't have the little springs wraped around the cables close to the yoke. Make sure yur bow has them. They keep your string from slapping the yoke and wearing the end loop serving on your string when you shoot. I would take your bow to a Martin dealer and have him ckeck it out.

Robert