Thread: D Loop

Hybrid View

RobD

Default D Loop

Is the D loop Suppose to be Square from rest to the String or a 1/4 up from Square.I have heard both?

Post Thanks / Like

Default the d

well ive read that if ur shootin fingers the loops a quarter up if its a release its a 1/8

RobD

Yes ,I have heard that also,I have mine Square ,and my bow is sighted to 80 Yards,seems to been shooting fine,but I sighted it in with my D loop square,Just tiring to make everything to perfection to get the most out of it,Its shooting 318Fps now with my new string, Hopping to get a little more out of it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by polaris754 View Post
    well ive read that if ur shootin fingers the loops a quarter up if its a release its a 1/8
    A d-loop is tied onto the string to give you a place to attach your release that will pull directly behind the arrow rather than attaching the release directly onto the string below the arrows nock.

If your shooting with fingers you do not have a d-loop on the string.

When I set a bow up I set the nock point (I use tied-on sets) so that the arrow is perfectly square off the string and thru the center of the berger (rest mount) holes. Then when I tune (bareshaft if its a target bow or bareshaft and broadhead tuning if its a hunting bow) I adjust the rest up or down as needed to get bareshafts to impact straight and/or to get field points and broadheads to impact together. I dont move the nock point once it is square - just the rest.

Then I move on to adjusting the centershot.

As a side note - I use a loop on my target bow but use my release right off the string on my hunting bow. With the target bow I tie my nock-set on above the arrow nock, tie another one on a hair below the arrow nock then tie the d-loop outside the two nock-sets. On my hunting bow I tie the nock-set on above the arrow nock, use an 'eliminator button' below the arrow nock and clip my release right on the string below that.

RobD

Quote Originally Posted by Spiker View Post
    A d-loop is tied onto the string to give you a place to attach your release that will pull directly behind the arrow rather than attaching the release directly onto the string below the arrows nock.

If your shooting with fingers you do not have a d-loop on the string.

When I set a bow up I set the nock point (I use tied-on sets) so that the arrow is perfectly square off the string and thru the center of the berger (rest mount) holes. Then when I tune (bareshaft if its a target bow or bareshaft and broadhead tuning if its a hunting bow) I adjust the rest up or down as needed to get bareshafts to impact straight and/or to get field points and broadheads to impact together. I dont move the nock point once it is square - just the rest.

Then I move on to adjusting the centershot.

As a side note - I use a loop on my target bow but use my release right off the string on my hunting bow. With the target bow I tie my nock-set on above the arrow nock, tie another one on a hair below the arrow nock then tie the d-loop outside the two nock-sets. On my hunting bow I tie the nock-set on above the arrow nock, use an 'eliminator button' below the arrow nock and clip my release right on the string below that.
    Thanks again,then i have it set up correctly.What reason its it that you don't use D LOOP on your hunting bow?

Post Thanks / Like

I never hunt out of a tree stand or blind, it's always spot and stalk (crawl) and I dont like to take my eyes off the quarry or fumble around trying to hook up the release to a loop. Just a personal thing for me. I also use a wrist sling on the target bow but not hunting because I dont like it tied to my arm when I'm crawling around thru the cactus trying to get close to an antelope or such. Like I said - it's just me - not any reason as far as how the bow shoots.

RogerSr

I have D loops on all my bows. and use hand held releases for target and hunting, when I make a stalk I just clip it to the D loop so I have both hands free, works great, I've been doing it this way for more then 30 years,
    I set my nock point 1/8" high and adjust my rest as needed.

davydtune

Depends on the bow/arrow combo. I always start at 3/16" but more times than not end up a little lower than that.