Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Next question

rnfrazier

Default Next question

I got the ata straightened out. The other problem I have is some serious cam lean at full draw. Any suggestions?

String builder/ Super Moderator Hutch~n~Son Archery's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

This should be simple to fix. Just measure from axle to axle on both sides of the bow. Whichever side is longer, twist top and bottom cables on that side equally until the cams look right.

rnfrazier

I don't have the lean until it is at full draw. i measured both sides of the bow and both sides measure 32 1/4

Post Thanks / Like

Rnfrazier sorry I jumped the gun. I forgot that bow doesn't have split yoke cables. Unless you have play in your cams I would guess limb twist. Thats unless someone has more understanding about the problem.

rnfrazier

is there anything i can do about that. the bow shoots great. I just dont like the lean

rnfrazier

the limbs dont look twisted,just the cams leaning could the ccs be causing it?

Post Thanks / Like

First, if there is any play at all in the cams, it will cause it to lean at full draw. You can check them for lean by putting an arrow against the string and the cam to see if it is straight.
    Second, limb twist can be checked by removing the limb and laying it on a flat surface. It is not unusual in these newer bows to have either problem. But remember Martin covers most things. Lately I believe BFisher has been answering a lot of these same questions.
    Last edited by Hutch~n~Son Archery; 01-02-2010 at 08:12 PM.

rnfrazier

the too limb does look like its twisting a little that is why I am wondering if the ccs is causing it

Post Thanks / Like

Are you sure your just not seeing things? Lol what you should do is have someone with an arrow and when you pull back, have them set the arrow with the cam, so it follows the angle of the string... I had this same dilemma with my 08 firecat, but when I had someone do this for me, I realized its just how your holding the bow, and how you look at the cams

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jake-the-snake View Post
    Are you sure your just not seeing things? Lol what you should do is have someone with an arrow and when you pull back, have them set the arrow with the cam, so it follows the angle of the string... I had this same dilemma with my 08 firecat, but when I had someone do this for me, I realized its just how your holding the bow, and how you look at the cams
    I have to agree with Jake the snake. It could be an optical illusion. Let's hope that's all it is.