Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Next question

Post Thanks / Like

Another way to check for a weak limb is to tear the bow down and swap the limbs from top to bottom and see if the cam lean stays with a particular limb. If the same limb is exhibiting the lean then maybe the limb is the problem.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

Post Thanks / Like

If it is only at full draw, it probably isn't a twisted limb. It could be, but I doubt it.

It isn't an optical illusion either.

The fact is, that ALL cams that have the cable tracks on only one side of the string track, do in fact lean at full draw.

It is simple physics. At brace, the cables and string are under just about equal tension. As the cables are reeled in by the cams, the string is given a mechanical advantage by the cams, and it's load decreases, as the cable load is compounded.

At full draw the string is only at about 10# to 15# of load, but the cables are at over 200# of load!

Since the force pulling the limbs together is now off center in the limb fork, the cams will lean towards the cable track side of the cam.

There is NOTHING you can do to change it. It is the way that the bow was designed to operate. If you don't like it, (and I don't blame you) buy a discontinued bow that has Nitrous cams and install the X modules and shoot-thru cable system.
    Last edited by copterdoc; 01-04-2010 at 04:06 PM.

RogerSr

Quote Originally Posted by copterdoc View Post
    If it is only at full draw, it probably isn't a twisted limb. It could be, but I doubt it.

It isn't an optical illusion either.

The fact is, that ALL cams that have the cable tracks on only one side of the string track, do in fact lean at full draw.

It is simple physics. At brace, the cables and string are under just about equal tension. As the cables are reeled in by the cams, the string is given a mechanical advantage by the cams, and it's load decreases, as the cable load is compounded.

At full draw the string is only at about 10# to 15# of load, but the cables are at over 200# of load!

Since the force pulling the limbs together is now off center in the limb fork, the cams will lean towards the cable track side of the cam.

There is NOTHING you can do to change it. It is the way that the bow was designed to operate. If you don't like it, (and I don't blame you) buy a discontinued bow that has Nitrous cams and install the X modules and shoot-thru cable system.
    Or buy a Bowtech with center pivot technology,that has center trac binary cams, that have a cable on both sides of the cam,with the string in the center, all my bows are Nitrous shoot through, or my bowtech Guardian that has center pivot tech. I will not shoot a bow with cam lean!
    and I've been shooting them since 1957, bows that is, not compounds