Thread: phamtom 11

Hybrid View

shadowcat55

Default phamtom 11

i have a 2004 phamtom 11 with straight limbs with "a" cams 27.5 draw lenght and set at 45 draw wieght with only 215 fps what can i do to speed this bow up ???? what if i put 14"magnum limbs on this bow with "a" cams will this speed this bow up ??? i would like to speed this up to at least 250 fps or an i only dreaming ???? any help will be appreciated thank you

Myk

Nitrous won't work on a Phantom II with mag limbs, only straight and elite.

Don't know what weight arrows you are shooting but I think you're dreaming. I just converted one of my Phantom IIs over to Straight Nitrous from Mag Fuzion and I only expect to gain 5fps if anything.
    With my heavy 500gr-ish arrows that might end up 245fps but more likely 240fps, that's at 29" and 65lbs.

I don't have my notebook with me but I think it's something like 10fps per inch. 1-2fps per 5 grains of arrow weight. 2-3fps per pound of draw weight.
    I guess the bow to be 310-315IBO. That would put you at around 222fps with 225gr arrows.

hunter

Default 2004 phamtom 11

If you don't mind can you tell what lb limbs are on this bow ? Thanks

PLASTIC PAUL

Wink The Doctor is in.....

I need more info and maybe we can get you there. What is the intended purpose of the bow? hunting, target shooting, be specific. What release are you shooting, who's strings are on the bow, what arrrows, what rest, what vanes on the arrows, how long have you been shooting, how much do you practice? All of this matters !!!!

Myk

Now that I've had time to get mine tune and chrono'ed I can say what I'm getting.

28 1/2" draw, shoot through, B cams, 475gr arrows, about 66lbs draw.
    20 strand 452x string, 14 strand cables, minimal serving, string leeches, Surz-a-peep, string loop.
    247fps.

PLASTIC PAUL

That is a pretty heavy arrow for 66lbs. The bow might actually feel better with a lighter arrow. What limbs are you using ? Who built your strings?

Myk

Quote Originally Posted by PLASTIC PAUL
    That is a pretty heavy arrow for 66lbs. The bow might actually feel better with a lighter arrow. What limbs are you using ? Who built your strings?
    Those are my light overdraw arrows
    I'm planning on removing the overdraw and going with 520gr arrows eventually.
    Wouldn't lighter arrows allow more noise and more shock?
    Besides that, I'm all about hunting. I care more about momentum than I do about speed. I'm getting much better with shooting the X system. If I can get where I can shorten the stabilizer before hunting season it will go hunting with me.

Straight limbs.
    I built the strings (and the bow for that matter).