Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 09 Firecat Limb Deflections

Post Thanks / Like

Default 09 Firecat Limb Deflections

Anyone know what 2H is on a firecat? is this a 60# max limb?

Post Thanks / Like

Brem,

Check out this thread. It has some info that should help you determine the limbs you have or may want.

http://www.martinarchery.com/mtechfo...imb+deflection
    2008 Martin Firecat Pro-X (29" DL, 66# DW), home-made TRG, new VEMs, DS Advantage/HHA Pro-5519 front sight, No-Peep Sight Eliminator, Limb-Driver arrow rest, B-Stinger stabilizer/dampener, custom upper STS, G5 Head-Loc quiver on custom mounting bracket. Gold Tip Velocity XT300 arrows with Bi-Delta 2.5" Sharkstooth vanes and Grizzly single-bevel broadheads, 498 grains at 262 fps (22% FOC)

Post Thanks / Like

Just doing some math and working it out from my 2008 FireCat----I have
    1M limbs that give the bow a 50# rating. 2009 added the CCS which would raise that by 5# to 55#. So I'd say 2M would add another 5# to 60#. Going from an "M" limb to an "H" limb would add about 2# more so 62# would be right. In other words, 2H is right in the ballpark of 60#.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

drm11900

OK I went to the link and it makes sense....until I looked on my 2006 P3 with elite limbs and they say 10H. Can some one explain that?

Post Thanks / Like

Since you mentioned Elite I'd have to say your likely comparing apples and oranges. Two different companies that likely have different codes for their limb deflection rates.
    2008 Martin Firecat Pro-X (29" DL, 66# DW), home-made TRG, new VEMs, DS Advantage/HHA Pro-5519 front sight, No-Peep Sight Eliminator, Limb-Driver arrow rest, B-Stinger stabilizer/dampener, custom upper STS, G5 Head-Loc quiver on custom mounting bracket. Gold Tip Velocity XT300 arrows with Bi-Delta 2.5" Sharkstooth vanes and Grizzly single-bevel broadheads, 498 grains at 262 fps (22% FOC)

Post Thanks / Like

Elite limbs are Martin's 17" recurved limbs. They have nothing to do with the Elite Archery brand name.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by drm11900 View Post
    OK I went to the link and it makes sense....until I looked on my 2006 P3 with elite limbs and they say 10H. Can some one explain that?
    Increasing limb length, always requires a higher deflection number limb, to get the same draw weight.

I don't know what method is used by Martin, to measure and set the deflection number, but it doesn't remain linear as limb length is changed on the same riser.

RogerSr

I have a Martin P3 with 6L limbs that max at #60 with Nitrous A cam's,
    so your 10H limbs weight is about #20+ more then mine, if yours has A cams.

drm11900

Roger,

I just look at the pics of your bow from an earlier post. Nice bow and what a deal! Anyway here's a link with some pics of the pne I picked up. You think this thing will pull #80? It's set now at #65. I've recently worked out all the kinks and it's shootin' fine.

Here's a link with some pics of my bow.
    http://www.martinarchery.com/mtechfo...ead.php?t=5551

RogerSr

It won't be #80 with those cams you have, it should be about #70, but nice bow.