Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 09 Firecat Limb Deflections

Post Thanks / Like

Default 09 Firecat Limb Deflections

Anyone know what 2H is on a firecat? is this a 60# max limb?

Post Thanks / Like

Brem,

Check out this thread. It has some info that should help you determine the limbs you have or may want.

http://www.martinarchery.com/mtechfo...imb+deflection
    08/13 Martin Firecat Pro-X (29" DL, 67.5# DW), Nitro 3 cams, home-made bent cable guard rod, new VEMs, DS Advantage/HHA Pro-5519 front sight, No-Peep Sight Eliminator, Limb-Driver arrow rest, B-Stinger stabilizer, custom lower & upper STS with offset stops, G5 Head-Loc quiver on custom mounting bracket. Gold Tip Velocity XT300 arrows with Bi-Delta 2.5" Sharkstooth vanes and Grizzly single-bevel broadheads, 498 grains at 262 fps (22% FOC)

Post Thanks / Like

Just doing some math and working it out from my 2008 FireCat----I have
    1M limbs that give the bow a 50# rating. 2009 added the CCS which would raise that by 5# to 55#. So I'd say 2M would add another 5# to 60#. Going from an "M" limb to an "H" limb would add about 2# more so 62# would be right. In other words, 2H is right in the ballpark of 60#.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

drm11900

OK I went to the link and it makes sense....until I looked on my 2006 P3 with elite limbs and they say 10H. Can some one explain that?

Post Thanks / Like

Since you mentioned Elite I'd have to say your likely comparing apples and oranges. Two different companies that likely have different codes for their limb deflection rates.
    08/13 Martin Firecat Pro-X (29" DL, 67.5# DW), Nitro 3 cams, home-made bent cable guard rod, new VEMs, DS Advantage/HHA Pro-5519 front sight, No-Peep Sight Eliminator, Limb-Driver arrow rest, B-Stinger stabilizer, custom lower & upper STS with offset stops, G5 Head-Loc quiver on custom mounting bracket. Gold Tip Velocity XT300 arrows with Bi-Delta 2.5" Sharkstooth vanes and Grizzly single-bevel broadheads, 498 grains at 262 fps (22% FOC)

Post Thanks / Like

Elite limbs are Martin's 17" recurved limbs. They have nothing to do with the Elite Archery brand name.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by drm11900 View Post
    OK I went to the link and it makes sense....until I looked on my 2006 P3 with elite limbs and they say 10H. Can some one explain that?
    Increasing limb length, always requires a higher deflection number limb, to get the same draw weight.

I don't know what method is used by Martin, to measure and set the deflection number, but it doesn't remain linear as limb length is changed on the same riser.

RogerSr

I have a Martin P3 with 6L limbs that max at #60 with Nitrous A cam's,
    so your 10H limbs weight is about #20+ more then mine, if yours has A cams.

drm11900

Roger,

I just look at the pics of your bow from an earlier post. Nice bow and what a deal! Anyway here's a link with some pics of the pne I picked up. You think this thing will pull #80? It's set now at #65. I've recently worked out all the kinks and it's shootin' fine.

Here's a link with some pics of my bow.
    http://www.martinarchery.com/mtechfo...ead.php?t=5551

RogerSr

It won't be #80 with those cams you have, it should be about #70, but nice bow.