Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Broadheads

jb24333

Default Broadheads

Has anyone tried the Atom Broadhead? I like the looks in it but its got funny lookin blades.

Post Thanks / Like

got a photo?

tommyhydro

Default atom

the atom is actually razor wires, they supposedly allow the broadhead to get past bones by flexing past them. here is the link http://www.arrowds.com/atom/atom.htm

hope this helps ya out

jb24333

im thinking of trying them, but there are so many good broadheads for the same price as these. There is rage, G5, swhacker, bloodrunner, and true fire. wich one do u prefer? i like the bloodrunner or the true fire. the g5 isnt bad but idk? had any expereince with either?

golfisserious

don't try the atoms... waste of money in my opinion, my buddy bought some from Bass Pro, wanted to test one, so he shot it into an old "drewfoam" target I had, very shot up target and very soft, the "broadhead" barely made it out the back of the target and lost one side of the wire... the wires just kind of snap in their holes.

it is a horrible design... if they just welded them or screwed them in place or something, I think they might work better, but they were trying to compete with the rest of the market, in the replacable blade category...

I am trying out some phantom muzzy 100 4 blades right now, the piercing blade is sharpenable, and the bleader blade is replacable, so far I am enjoying them, and have been enjoying the jerky off of the doe they provided for the last week now.

good luck
    Last edited by golfisserious; 01-08-2010 at 08:51 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't know, looks kinda flimsy to me. Can't really tell on my phone, so I'll get another look when I get home. But I'm not crazy about a piece of wire replacing a solid blade. as already stated, there's plenty of great established broadheads already out there. I've been killing deer with 100 gr 3 blade thunderheads for more years than I can remember, I'm going to try some rage 2 blade next season only because a good friend gave me some for Christmas.

Post Thanks / Like

hmmmmm, think id have to see it in person(think my files big enough.lol)
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like

Default Wow

Just kidding here.......... ezbite, wow man, turn down that resolution on that camera, and step away from the camera. Whats that at the shaft/insert, is it glue? Kinda looks like crumbling carbon, like what happens if you heat up the shaft and insert when assembling ( yeah, I've done that ) with ferrule hot melt glues.
    http://eastoutfitter.tripod.com/index.html
    http://cascadianbowmen.com/
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, shoot thru, 63lb, Quiktune 3000, HAA OL 5519, Beman ICS Hunter
    Martin 06 Slayer, Nitrous C, Shoot thru, 55lb, Quiktune 3000, HHA OL 5519 2X, Easton A/C/C
    Ben Pearson 1968 'Cougar' 62" 45#s @ 28" recurve, parallel shaft POC, Zwickey 'Eskimo' 2 blade

jb24333

They look great in the picture but i would like to see one up close.

RogerSr

Give Magnus Stinger's, or Buzzcut's a try, you won't be sorry! I've shot them through elk with a #50 bow, and on deer I get pass throughs every time, and shoot right with target points.