Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Broadheads

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by elkslayer4x5 View Post
    Just kidding here.......... ezbite, wow man, turn down that resolution on that camera, and step away from the camera. Whats that at the shaft/insert, is it glue? Kinda looks like crumbling carbon, like what happens if you heat up the shaft and insert when assembling ( yeah, I've done that ) with ferrule hot melt glues.
    thats the picture off their website, not sure what happened and why its so big.lol

Post Thanks / Like

I'll second the recommendation on Magnus Stingers. They are very sharp right out of the package and I was amazed how they fly - same point of impact as my same weight field points, all the way out to 60 and 70 yards. Plus they have a GREAT warranty.
    2008 Martin Firecat Pro-X (29" DL, 66# DW), home-made TRG, new VEMs, DS Advantage/HHA Pro-5519 front sight, No-Peep Sight Eliminator, Limb-Driver arrow rest, B-Stinger stabilizer/dampener, custom upper STS, G5 Head-Loc quiver on custom mounting bracket. Gold Tip Velocity XT300 arrows with Bi-Delta 2.5" Sharkstooth vanes and Grizzly single-bevel broadheads, 498 grains at 262 fps (22% FOC)

kbaird83

from the first time i tried the rage broadhead i was hooked. i have been using them for 3 years now i believe. they are the most wicked broadhead i have ever used. i have never seen a animal shot with them go very far. flight is excelent on every arrow i have used so far. and i always said i would never use a mechanical. one season and i was a huge fan.

Post Thanks / Like

ok guys, today i got to see the atom broadhead in hand. this is strictly my opinion now, but i wont be using them. the ideas great, cutting down wind resistance and all. however i dont like the way the wire floats and i didnt feel the wire to be that sharp. i could push it with my finger and move it around alot and it didnt ever cut me at all, not a scratch. im sure it'll cut with an arrow pushing it, i just wasnt sold. im not trying to put anyones product down, it just didnt feel that solid to me. im just giving my opinion for what its worth. thanks

String builder/ Moderator Hutch~n~Son Archery's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I personally don't like to spend a lot on broadheads, so I use the Allen brand. They seem to be well made. Now if I can shoot a deer with one next hunting season, I'll know for sure.