Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: choosing draw weight for new bow

TXN

No, it doesn't confuse me at all. In fact, it helps a lot. Thanks! Being so far removed from any archery shops, I have been relying on this forum and additional reading online to answer the questions that I have and its all starting to make more sense to me now.

If what I'm understanding is correct, then it seems to me that if I get the 50# bow and practice until I am confident in my skills with it, then I have just as good of chance of making kill shots at any distance as I would with a heavier bow. If that is true, then that's all I really care about.

The other considerations, such as ease of shooting a long practice session are important as well, so I keep thinking that the lighter bow is certainly the way to go for me. I still haven't made a definite decision as I'm not going to order the bow for about 2 more weeks, but I will go with the 50# or the 55#. Any comments on time frame for waiting on a special order bow would be appreciated too.

Post Thanks / Like

The general info Martin has always told me about custom orders is to allow 4 to 6 weeks for shipment. It could vary more than that. It just depends on what limbs they have in stock at the time. Sorry I couldn't be more definite about it.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver