Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Saber serving wear

Hybrid View

BigBull

Default New Saber serving wear

Hello there Martin Techs,
    I recently purchased a new 2006 Martin Saber, here in Oregon. I took it out to shoot once, and noticed that there seemed to be an excessive amount of serving wear around the cam. I contacted my dealer and he suggested that I rotate the cable guard in, which I did. I shot maybe another 40 arrows, and the wearing seems to have slowed down, but not gone away. My neighbor suggested that I purchase another brand of string, but it seems to me that Martin's strings should last more than a weekend of shooting. Should I be waxing the serving, reserving the string or having the bow looked at by you folks. I'd sure like to have this solved ASAP, with elk season just around the corner!!! Please help!

Elk4me

I deffinately would suggest a aftermarket string. I had the same problem with my 06 Saber and sent it back to Martin for some really bad cam lean look for the post here. They replaced a limb, riser,cam, and cable for free. Now i have a H&M bowstring on it and have not had one problem with it. Check out www.HMbowstrings.com

Last edited by Elk4me; 07-04-2006 at 08:53 PM.

BigBull

Default Which first?

Hey there Elk4me...I saw your thread...looks like they took good care of you. I'm hoping to hear back from Martin and at least get some good advice too. I'd put a new string on it right now, but I'm concerned that the problem may go beyond that, like in your case w/ cam lean etc....in which case I'll eat up the new string too. Did you have to call them??...or how did you get a response?

Elk4me

Take pics and call and talk to jake,Joel, or Josh at martin! I think JoelC has a screen name here or AT.

Myk

Should I be waxing the serving
    That's what I did with my Fuzion and Dyna (I didn't give the Dyna a chance to wear) and it stopped the wear.
    On my own strings I used Cam Ez and never had a problem.

P.Martin

Hi Big Bull !
    Had the same Problems with my Saber.
    Move the Cable Guard in so much as possible and have my Servings
    heavy Waxed.................works fine now without wear P.Martin

Jack NZ

Quote Originally Posted by P.Martin
    Hi Big Bull !
    Had the same Problems with my Saber.
    Move the Cable Guard in so much as possible and have my Servings
    heavy Waxed.................works fine now without wear P.Martin
    I did the same thing,havn't had a problem since.

BigBull

Cool

Hey, thanks for all the feedback...I've got the cable guard in as much as possible...I'll try waxing the servings and see if that

BigBull

Hey, thanks for all the feedback...I've got the cable guard in as much as possible...I'll try waxing the servings and see if that (fixes things)

BigBull

Talking Right On!

Well, if you've heard that Martin takes good care of their customers, you're gonna hear it again. I didn't want to part with my new bow (Saber) a month before elk season, but given the serving wear I was experiencing I had no choice. Called 'em up and they told me to send it in. The bow arrived at Martin on Thursday, they sent it back to me on Friday...with a new riser, cam and repaired string. As far as I'm concerned, you can't beat that kinda service ANYWHERE!

Right on, Martin!! Great service and a great bow that's now shooting 1" groups at 30 yds and 4" groups at 50...with NO SERVING WEAR!