Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Talked To Joel Today

Post Thanks / Like

Talking Talked To Joel Today

Well talked to Joel today about the cracked limbs on my Firecat and asked about upgrading to the 2010 limbs and he said no problem. I mentioned about Bfishers post about needing the new rotocups and cams and he told me no problem and no charge to do it. So I took my bow to the dealer and explained to him what I wanted to do and he could'nt believe there would be no charge to upgrade to 2010 limbs, rotocups, and cams. Now that is customer service. How many other bow manufactures would do all that at no charge. I'm not going to lie, after my limb failure I started to second guess myself for not going with a Hoyt or Mathews but after speaking with Joel and receiving this kind of customer service I know without a doubt I made the right choice and I will be a Martin archer for the rest of my life. ThanK You Martin for your customer service.
    '10 ALIEN X 28.5DL X 70#
    HHA OL 5519
    QAD Pro Hd
    125grn Rage

RobD

Quote Originally Posted by rongcp View Post
    Well talked to Joel today about the cracked limbs on my Firecat and asked about upgrading to the 2010 limbs and he said no problem. I mentioned about Bfishers post about needing the new rotocups and cams and he told me no problem and no charge to do it. So I took my bow to the dealer and explained to him what I wanted to do and he could'nt believe there would be no charge to upgrade to 2010 limbs, rotocups, and cams. Now that is customer service. How many other bow manufactures would do all that at no charge. I'm not going to lie, after my limb failure I started to second guess myself for not going with a Hoyt or Mathews but after speaking with Joel and receiving this kind of customer service I know without a doubt I made the right choice and I will be a Martin archer for the rest of my life. ThanK You Martin for your customer service.
    Your right they have great costumer service,Have to say i can't think of any business, that backs there product as well as Martin,There great all you have to do is buy the Bow and Martin takes care of expense after..

Post Thanks / Like

great service indeed, i just talked to jeremy about my froze module screws and he said to send it in, its covered.

Post Thanks / Like

This is all good news. Now I kow I wasn't getting special treatment. Martin considers all their customers "special".
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

jb24333

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by rongcp View Post
    I have got an 09 bengal that i bought in april and the first day of bow season in Va i shot a doe in the morning, came back home and took a couple practice shots for the evening hunt and my cable snapped in the slider.
    i had to stay home that evening. I set up my older bow for the rest of the season. But there is no martin dealer around me. I called martin and they said to take it to the nearest bow dealer that it didnt need to be a martin dealer as long as the bow dealer i took it too would do it. Well i found a pse dealer right up the road and he said he could do it. I had 60/70 # limbs and i was wondering if u could get an up to 70/80# cause i shoot 3d also and could not get but 278 with the bow maxed on every angle from arrow weight to draw length and pounds. Cause i have a 30 1/2 in DL and weigh around 250# im about 6'2. Any help?

jb24333

never mind already got my limbs just waiting for a string now. idk what kind to get thogh i want one that wont were quick. i dont care if it makes my bow slower any more as long as i got a nice thick heavy duty string that will take alot of shots.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jb24333 View Post
    never mind already got my limbs just waiting for a string now. idk what kind to get thogh i want one that wont were quick. i dont care if it makes my bow slower any more as long as i got a nice thick heavy duty string that will take alot of shots.
    Your string breaking where it did was not due to it being too thin or not enough strands. Most strings have 18 to 24 strands of fiber, depending on the particular material. Each strand will have a tensile strength of 90-110 pounds.

Either the string got damaged somehow (broadhead?) or it was just a freak accident. Strings do not last longer just because they have a larger diameter. In fact, too large and it won't fit into the cam grooves properly and will wear out even quicker.

You can contact any string maker you'd like and they will tell you the same thing. Try Prostrings or Vapor Trail for starters. You tell them the make and model of the bow and they'll know just what to do. About the only thing you have to do is pick the colors you want.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

jb24333

well i dont know about the strings but the strings that it came with cut 1/4" slot into the cable slider and broke on the sharp edge it cut. Cause i didnt notice it in time but when it busted at full draw it was the first thing i looked at.i figured a thicker string would be hard to cut a notch in it.i got my bow back together now i got to pick it up next friday. i think they put zebra strings or prostrings i cant remember. is there anything wrong with either?

Post Thanks / Like

Well... Zebra strings are not the thing you want to get.. It is just some kind of worst case string scenario for your bow. VERY thin strings in most cases.
    (2) Hoyt PCEXL

jb24333

well what is it exactly that is so bad with zebra strings that no one likes that u could not hunt with them? i have shot two different sets and they have worked great on my hoyt. not much string rotation mabe a little.