Thread: martin jaguar rest

tailjunkie

Default martin jaguar rest

hello everyone. new to traditional shooting, just got my martin jaguar a couple of days ago, and i honestly have no clue how i am supposed to orient the rest that came with the bow. it is a platic bolt, with a plate on one end with rubber forks. which way do i point the forks? should they point up, down, towards or away from me? does the arrow snap in between or just rest on them?

Post Thanks / Like

I'm not really sure which rest you have.......is it like attached picture??

If so, that shows how it's position, but if that is the one, it's a cheap plastic rest like what came w/my son's Jaguar (older compound, not new recurve), and I would suggest saving yourself some grief and get another rest right away.

N.A.P. Centerest flipper is a simple rest that works really well for finger shooting and are durable.......probably find them for $25-30
    http://www.newarchery.com/products/2...t-flipper.html
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2009 Martin Bengal M2 Pro Cam w/factory STS & CCS.....66lbs, 29" DL, 422gr @ 272fps, Winners Choice string/cable, Trophy Taker drop-away Rest, Scott Release
    1996 Martin Firecat XRG Pro Series w/Ultra Sonic wheels.....69lbs, 29" DL, 465gr @ 245fps, w/fingers & Martin leather glove

tailjunkie

nope, looks like attached... i have used rests like your pic, this is different.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Jay Dog

Default Try a dual prong

The little plastic rest that comes with the bow is a joke. I put a TM hunter on mine. Others have opted for the whisker biscuit or Hostage rest. I prefer the spring loaded dual prong style as it is much easier on the vanes/feathers. These can be had for around $20-30. NAP Quicktune runs around $29.99 and WalMart sells one made by Allen for about $7. the "Timberdoodle" is also a good choice. If you are die hard traditional, you could go with the flipper type rest.

Jay Dog

Post Thanks / Like

tailjunkie, if you still want to use your rest the forks must point to the back of the bow...opposite of your face. You can use it for sometime, it's not so bad, i have the same on an old child compound bow which my sister shoots- used about 5-6 years and still works
    2008 Martin MOAB - 45-60#, set at about 51-53# / 55#" Perfect Line" compound/ 55# Mongol horsebow/ 45# "Perfect Line" takedown recurve/ 45# Bearpaw Grizzly hunter recurve/ 55# Samick Longbow Cheetah ... and several homemade bows