Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Farthest Distance shot with a compound bow

String builder/ Moderator Hutch~n~Son Archery's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Post Farthest Distance shot with a compound bow

I was just wondering what was the farthest distance everyone has shot their bow at? The farthest for me so far with my Jaguar was 70 yards. I wasn't super accurate, but it was cool anyway. This Sunday I plan to shoot at least 80 yards. I believe that my Truglo Range Rover sight will adjust to around 90 yards.

Post Thanks / Like

287yds is farthest I've ranged, w/my old '96 Firecat. A few of us were launching arrows to see how close we could get to a small pine sapling growing out in the middle of an open meadow just over 300yds away.

2-3 decades ago, a range I shot at had markers out to 100yds and I'd practice out to that once in a while. I would note where my 20yd pin was while holding 50yd pin on target, then raise the 50 pin just above where the 20 had been........My groups sucked, but I hit the target

Farthest I've shot my Bengal so far has been 58yd 3D target last weekend
    2009 Martin Bengal M2 Pro Cam w/factory STS & CCS.....66lbs, 29" DL, 422gr @ 272fps, Winners Choice string/cable, Trophy Taker drop-away Rest, Scott Release
    1996 Martin Firecat XRG Pro Series w/Ultra Sonic wheels.....69lbs, 29" DL, 465gr @ 245fps, w/fingers & Martin leather glove

Post Thanks / Like

110 yards, at a clay pigeon sitting on a target

RogerSr

At times I shoot field archery rounds and that has targets out to 80 yds
    but I have also shot Fobs out to 100 yds at targets, the longest shot that I've made on a game animal was 75 yds but that was on a wounded animal
    that one of my sons had shot, and that was as close as I could get to it.

Post Thanks / Like

I shoot up to 77 yds at my normal training days during the FITA outdoor season as often as possible. As a FITA round consists also of a 99 yds target i am also practicing that. I cannot say that i am that much consistent at that distant but when i have enough time i will stay within a 40cm radius ( around 16"). If possible i like to shoot distances around 150 yds or more. But i do not have this possibility that often...
    (2) Martin ShadowCat 2010

doczerothree@gmail.com

50yds....I hit it all 6 times. It wasn't a pretty grouping
    ________
    Rehab Community
    Last edited by doczerothree@gmail.com; 01-20-2011 at 11:51 AM.

String builder/ Moderator Hutch~n~Son Archery's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Montalaar View Post
    If possible i like to shoot distances around 150 yds or more. But i do not have this possibility that often...
    I know what you mean. I can only shoot up to 70 yards at my place, but on Sunday I will be going to a friend's house where there is hundreds of yards of open space. I just hope it isn't windy this Sunday.

tommyhydro

i practice out to 60yds

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hutch~n~Son Archery View Post
    I know what you mean. I can only shoot up to 70 yards at my place, but on Sunday I will be going to a friend's house where there is hundreds of yards of open space. I just hope it isn't windy this Sunday.
    Oh that sounds great. I will have no possibility to do so here although i would really like to. Too much civilization here for that. Or forests and so on... :/

I'd like to do some clout but there is just no way to do so. I build a 1200gr arrow for my bow to pratice a bit up to 150yds but that is just not the same..
    (2) Martin ShadowCat 2010

flytier17

Me personally? 100yds.

However, I have personally seen a man with an older Pantera (1990's) shoot ACC's at a 300yd target, and get a 2.5' grouping. He anchored very low on his neck, and had a special sight and lense for the occasion.

Alec