Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Martin Jaguar takedown limbs

gr8whitehuntr

Default Martin Jaguar takedown limbs

Hi all,

I'm in Australia and I was just wondering if I could buy some limbs for my Martin Jaguar. I would be looking at getting 40# limbs if possible. Any advise would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Nathan

Post Thanks / Like

Try to buy them directly from Martin, from the on-line shop.
    2008 Martin MOAB - 45-60#, set at about 51-53# / 55#" Perfect Line" compound/ 55# Mongol horsebow/ 45# "Perfect Line" takedown recurve/ 45# Bearpaw Grizzly hunter recurve/ 55# Samick Longbow Cheetah ... and several homemade bows

steve7680768

I think they will cost you too much
    Try to locate some store near to you...

SoCalArcher

Get a set of Samick Sage limbs; much better limbs than the Ragim limbs that come with the Jaguar.

Post Thanks / Like

The Samick Sage limbs fit a Jaguar? Do they change the over-all length of the bow?

I also found Jaguar limbs at Norris Archery in California for $104.00 incl shipping. I tried to buy extra limbs directly from Martin and they don't sell to retail customers.

mike
    Last edited by DeepRiverBowman; 04-30-2010 at 04:42 AM.

SoCalArcher

Samick Sage limbs do fit the Martin Jaguar riser and they are much better quality limbs for less money. Check out my post at archerytalk.com "Attn: Martin Jaguar Recurve Owners"

Don at archerysportsusa.com can get you Samick Sage limbs and can ship anywhere.

Post Thanks / Like

I did not find your archerytalk post in the blog and articles section. Where is it?

mike

Post Thanks / Like
    (2) Hoyt PCEXL

Lotteryticket

Your blog provided us with valuable information to work with. Thanks a lot for sharing. Keep blogging.

Post Thanks / Like

I recently purchased a set of Samick Sage limbs (50#) to try on my Martin Jaguar take-down recurve.I found out that there's some differences to the Martin limbs.The first thing I noticed was a 3/16" gap between the bottom of the Samick limb and the jaguar limb pocket.I then measured both bows unstrung.The Martin limbs on the Martin riser measure 58.5" tip to tip.The Samick limbs on the martin riser measure 58" tip to tip.I then strung the bows and the Martin riser and Samick limbs has a 6" brace height.The Martin riser and limbs has a 7" brace height.The Martin string measures 56.5".What length string will I need to get a 7" brace height using the Samick limbs.In the picture I attached,I'm using the Martin limb bolts.The Samick limb bolts have a knurled head and don't require an allen key.I didn't see them listed in the Lancaster Archery catalogue where I purchased the limbs.If anyone can make any sense out of my rambling,please feel free to comment.
    Attached Images Attached Images