Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Martin Jaguar takedown limbs

Post Thanks / Like

Twist your string until it is .5" shorter and mearue the BH. Then twist the string until it is 1" shorther than now and measure the BH again. You should gain 1" of BH within .5" or 1" of string length.
    (2) Hoyt PCEXL

Post Thanks / Like

Took your advice and I now have a 7" brace height.Thank You.

Joe

Destroyer

Quote Originally Posted by bengal42 View Post
    Lancaster Archery catalogue where I purchased the limbs
    How much for shipping?

Post Thanks / Like

$38.50 U.S. dollars.Shipped USPS.More than half the cost of the limbs.

Post Thanks / Like

I forgot to mention that I also bought 6 arrows.Still pretty expensive shipping.

Destroyer

I won't be getting much from them, little bit more to here. I've purchased bows from the US for not much more.

And watch the brace height, just because the martin had 7" doesn't mean that's what you need. The deflection angle might be different and this will alter your draw weight, etc. Of course, it might be correct too.
    Last edited by Destroyer; 10-09-2010 at 05:22 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Put your fist on the handle part of the riser with your thumb up. If it reaches the string that's enough BH. May be the Samick limbs can handle the 7" BH, may be not.
    2008 Martin MOAB - 45-60#, set at about 51-53# / 55#" Perfect Line" compound/ 55# Mongol horsebow/ 45# "Perfect Line" takedown recurve/ 45# Bearpaw Grizzly hunter recurve/ 55# Samick Longbow Cheetah ... and several homemade bows

Post Thanks / Like

Default Martin Jaguar take down limbs.

Thanks to all for your replies.I can see where the 7" brace height may be too high.I'm not an accomplished recurve shooter by any means.My regular bow is a 2008 Martin Bengal compound.Besides,I had $130.00 burning a hole in my pocket.

Destroyer

Quote Originally Posted by alex View Post
    Put your fist on the handle part of the riser with your thumb up.
    Haven't done that for years mate. It's a good way of checking your brace height when out hunting if the string has been failing or stretching too much. The problem is that it depends on your hand size.

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, but i've found that i shoot best my trad bows when the BH is as long as my fist with thumb up (and my palm is not big). Don't know why, but it works with a recurve, a horsebow and several homemade ones
    2008 Martin MOAB - 45-60#, set at about 51-53# / 55#" Perfect Line" compound/ 55# Mongol horsebow/ 45# "Perfect Line" takedown recurve/ 45# Bearpaw Grizzly hunter recurve/ 55# Samick Longbow Cheetah ... and several homemade bows