Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Martin Jaguar takedown limbs

Destroyer

Fits your shooting style better perhaps.

Post Thanks / Like

Guess you're right.
    2008 Martin MOAB - 45-60#, set at about 51-53# / 55#" Perfect Line" compound/ 55# Mongol horsebow/ 45# "Perfect Line" takedown recurve/ 45# Bearpaw Grizzly hunter recurve/ 55# Samick Longbow Cheetah ... and several homemade bows

warwizzard

my son uses the same way to set his string on his recurve and longbow. fist with thumb up and he shoots like a champ.

Destroyer

Quote Originally Posted by alex View Post
    Guess you're right.
    Maybe, maybe not. As long as your getting good arrow flight it really doesn't matter much.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bengal42 View Post
    I recently purchased a set of Samick Sage limbs (50#) to try on my Martin Jaguar take-down recurve.I found out that there's some differences to the Martin limbs.The first thing I noticed was a 3/16" gap between the bottom of the Samick limb and the jaguar limb pocket.I then measured both bows unstrung.The Martin limbs on the Martin riser measure 58.5" tip to tip.The Samick limbs on the martin riser measure 58" tip to tip.I then strung the bows and the Martin riser and Samick limbs has a 6" brace height.The Martin riser and limbs has a 7" brace height.The Martin string measures 56.5".What length string will I need to get a 7" brace height using the Samick limbs.In the picture I attached,I'm using the Martin limb bolts.The Samick limb bolts have a knurled head and don't require an allen key.I didn't see them listed in the Lancaster Archery catalogue where I purchased the limbs.If anyone can make any sense out of my rambling,please feel free to comment.
    That looks dangerous. Is it loud?