Thread: Jaguar limb mounting problem

Piney_Papa

Default Jaguar limb mounting problem

Hello.

I purchased a Jaguar T/D for myself for Christmas. Aside from a compound bow I never got a chance to use yet (due to accident injuries), I am relatively new to archery, not having shot a bow since high school (over 35 years ago).

I tried to assemble my Jaguar T/D bow today, and I discovered a slight problem. When attaching the top limb to the riser, the assembly bolt bottoms out before the limb is snug in the riser (I have tried this with both limbs, since neither is marked top or bottom [per the instructions] with the same results). The parts package included not only two limb bolt assemblies, but what looks like a nylon bolt arrow rest and 2 nuts.

What is the likelihood that the wrong parts package was included with my bow ... as opposed to the likelihood that I will have to return the complete bow (or riser) to have the riser either modified or replaced?

Thank you!
    Ed

Pa. Shooter

Default ???

Sounds like to me the Top limb pocket was'nt Tapped deep enought.
    I can tell you Martin has the BEST Customer Service in the Industry
    Things do happed.....but they will fix you up. Let us know how you make out.

Steve

Post Thanks / Like

This is a common issue with the Jaguar. I've read in other posts that the guys from Martin have said that you can either go to the dealer or cut a little the bolt or carefuly drill deaper the hole. You choose from the three, but i'd cut the bolt.
    2008 Martin MOAB - 45-60#, set at about 51-53# / 55#" Perfect Line" compound/ 55# Mongol horsebow/ 45# "Perfect Line" takedown recurve/ 45# Bearpaw Grizzly hunter recurve/ 55# Samick Longbow Cheetah ... and several homemade bows

Post Thanks / Like

Personally I'd go to any archery shop and see if they have shorter limb bolts. Those bolts come in various lengths. Another option is a thicker or another nylon washer between the bezel and the limb. It's really a very easy fix.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver